Type 1 v 2 antelope license

HiMtnHnter

Sep 28, 2012
Wyoming
The above post is not correct . . .

The difference between a type 1 and type 2 antelope license is typically one of two things: 1: The season is different, or 2: The area within the larger area is different (usually smaller). For instance, the 47 Type 2 is just a different season length, but a 62-2 is a different, much smaller, area you can hunt.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
I think the type one is the "regular" license and the type two is the "special" or high dollar license. About $200 difference.

Moose
This is not the difference. The difference between the 2 types has to be looked up in the tables of the various hunts. Most are the starting date. Usually the type 2 hunts start later than the type 1. There also can be other differences, e.g. look at Unit 52. Type 2 is valid only in the portion south of North Spring Creek. In this unit they both start on the same day.

You really need to get the booklet and look at the units to see the differences. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Umpqua Hunter

Veteran member
May 26, 2011
North Umpqua, Oregon
Type 1 license in general these are unit wide, "one antelope" tags. Check to verify the description when applying.

Type 2 license (as mentioned above) is usually a variation, like a limited area within the unit, or limited season dates. Check to verify the description when applying.

Regular or Special" You can apply in the "regular" or "special" drawing for either a Type 1 or a Type 2 tag. If you apply in the "special" drawing, the tag will cost more, but generally (not always) your draw odds will be better. The tag drawn on either the "regular" or "special" is the identical tag in all other ways.

Zim

Very Active Member
Feb 28, 2011
LaPorte, IN
Speaking of maps, for Utah I was looking in the hunting regulations for a pronghorn unit map, but could find none. Anyone have an idea about that?

30Hart

Aug 30, 2012
Utah
Zim, stick w/ Wyoming for antelope. I live in Utah and I've hunted the two top areas in Utah for antelope. They weren't any better than a mid-tier Wyoming hunt. They manage antelope for numbers in Utah not trophies.

Zim

Very Active Member
Feb 28, 2011
LaPorte, IN
Thanks 30, I put in for points anyway. The season is so short in UT and right in the middle of the elk rut. Bad timing. I only apply there because I'm trying to draw my deer tag with 16 points.