Turkey hunting san diego

HMCS23

Nov 21, 2012
Escondido
Hi Folks. New to the forum, and wanted to say hi. Anyone been turkey hunting in San Diego. Went to Palamor range and Descano, but did not see a thing.

Thanks

Muleys 24/7

Veteran member
Jan 12, 2012
The Golden State
Hi Folks. New to the forum, and wanted to say hi. Anyone been turkey hunting in San Diego. Went to Palamor range and Descano, but did not see a thing.

Thanks
From my experience, about 99% of turkey's I've seen has been on privite property. I've been all over the place with hardly any luck on public lands. With that being said, I don't waste my time trying to persue them any more. However, with some hard hunting, I did get lucky a few years back. Good luck!

bigshot

Very Active Member
Apr 14, 2011
Crestline, CA.
Yea I've been unsuccessful three years in a roll now in San Diego County. I've seen them on public land, just got busted each time. I keep trying to hunt them like deer (Spot and stalk) and it just don't work with a shotgun!! Will try again this year and hopefully be patient and sit in a stand. I have an idea were the pigs are too, so will start hunting them after Jan 1, and scout for turkeys as I go.