Tripod for my Spotting scope

Team Kabob

Very Active Member
May 9, 2014
I just bought a angled razor spotting scope 65mm and I'm looking for a tripod for it. I don't think just one tripod will do everything. I've looked over threads on here and the internet, but I can decide on one. A lot of options out there.

Thanks
TK

¥

sneakypete

Veteran member
Aug 9, 2011
Oakdale Ca.
Sweet spotter, I have the 11/33/50. It depends how much you want to spend? Think of it like the purchase of the spotter, you probably won't buy another one! Outdoorsman medium! I bought the vortex high country $110, is it the best , no it isn't. It light enough to be in my pack though! Good luck on your decision.

In God We Trust

Very Active Member
Mar 10, 2011
Colorado
I have the vortex summit. I started running the viper HD on it. The one regret is I bought a ball head instead of pan. I hate the ball head.

LaHunter

Aug 24, 2012
N.E. LA
+1 for the ProMaster 525 carbon fiber tripod. I have the straight 65mm Razor and it' a nice setup. I have the ProMaster pan head on my tripod. I do 95% of my glassing while sitting, so this is a great system for me. If you will be standing most of the time, there are better options, but they will likely be heavier and probably not pack down as small. There are always trade offs.

Good Luck

Retterath

Veteran member
Dec 24, 2013
South Dakota
i just ordered a slik sprint mini 2 on amazon for $64. it only weighs 1.7lbs. im going to try it on my backpack hunt in wyoming this year. i will let u know what i think of it when i get it. A leupold goldring will be going on it.

Sweet razor by the way.

dzlfarmboy

Feb 20, 2013
I've been very happy with my Slik Pro 340 EZ, it's stable for my 65mm razor and is adaptable to go low enough to use lay prone range shooting. Only downside I could see is it may not be the lightest.

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
Really Right Stuff, makes some great looking tripods. A little too rich for me right now. I'll have to do some saving-up before I can get one.