Trip Insurance

gman1

Nov 29, 2011
North Dakota
We are looking at booking an elk hunt in Wyoming for next year and would anyone have a name of an insurance company in Wyoming that I could contract re: the costs and other details of insuring our hunt?

Thank you and happy trails,

Gary

Fink

Veteran member
Apr 7, 2011
West Side, MoMo
You might check with your insurance provider, to see if they have a product that could meet your needs?
I'm not really sure what exactly you're looking for, or how much you want to spend. But maybe something like Chubb Passport 360, or AIG Travel Guard is what you're looking for?

Rich M

Very Active Member
Oct 16, 2012
Truthfully, i have never even thought about using a service like this.
We did an overseas trip and were advised to get trip insurance "just in case". The insurance covers medical emergencies (think medi-vac), lost luggage (gun goes missing on ABC airline), weather related issues, and more.

I would def consider it if paying $5,000-$20,000 on a guided hunt and flying out with my rifle. Would really hate to land and find out my favorite rifle "went missing" at 30,000 feet.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Overseas trips are a totally different animal than one here in the US.

When I went to Africa on a safari I purchased both a trip insurance and evacuation policy as just in cases.

The trip insurance covered just the trip alone. Airline flight cancellations, hotels, and travel and that was it. The evacuation medical policy covered anything that happened to me while I was out in the bush which included air flights to the nearest high grade trauma center along with a med evac flight home to my local hospital if necessary.

But you have to figure that in Africa you might be a few hundred miles from the nearest medical care of any kind so it was well worth the cost of it.

Here in that states just the travel insurance would be worth it. Depending on the policy it may even include the cost of the hunt if for some medical reason you are unable to go. Usually just travel insurance doesn't cover anything medical and evacuations but that is something you would need to check on.

I would talk to my local insurance provider, they should be able to help you with what ever you decide to do.

gman1

Nov 29, 2011
North Dakota
Thanks to all the members on my insurance questions. You were a big help. To those members that were wondering why a person would get insurance and what does it cover, I hope the replies I received were of some help in answering your questions.

If a person goes on a guided hunt one would at least want to consider insurance in case of illness or a death in the family. Hopefully it would not have to be used but does give one some peace of mind.

It is not cheap but losing all your money due to a cancellation is not a small amount of money either.

Again, thanks for the information and happy trails!

Gman

LeeSikvel

Sep 7, 2022
I also love moose hunting, and I often fly to Wyoming with my friends. There is really a lot of moose. It's cool that recently a friend of mine showed me a business class website where you can buy cheap business class tickets. And now, when we fly hunting, we only take business class tickets. As for insurance, I recommend contacting particular companies that deal with this at the proper level. We found such a company in Los Angeles and were very pleased with the services.

Last edited:

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I want this insurance. Wonder if they would even refund the cost of the tag and the cost of the years that it took to get the points?!

And yes, I'm joking.

All joking aside, I am sure that if you have the money to pay the premium they would have a policy to cover it.