Theron Optics???

firebeck

Very Active Member
Sep 5, 2012
Southwest Idaho
Has anyone used Theron Optics? I noticed they are having sale right now. My 16 yr old nephew needs a good pair of binos and his budget isn't that great. The Wapiti LT 8 or 10 x 42 are on sale for $130. MSRP is $279. Should I advise him to buy em? Thoughts? Thanks.

Bitterroot Bulls

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2011
Montana
I reviewed the Wapiti APO a couple years ago. It provided a lot of performance for the money.

Build quality was pretty good for a Chinese OEM binocular also.

I don't know about their warranty or customer service.

CForest

Nov 8, 2015
Richland MT
I would like to bump this thread, I had pretty well decided on either the Leupold Mojave pro guide or Vortex Viper HD's. But a leupold dealer also recommends the new Theron Questa binos. Anyone compared them? They are a bit cheaper and have some pretty good reviews compared to those above their price range. Any thoughts?

CForest

Nov 8, 2015
Richland MT
If you. Can do your own side by side comparison would be your best bet. I like the Vortex myself.
That's the only problem with theron optics, only available from one dealer that I have seen and he only sells the leupold that I could campare and send the other one back.....

That's a good point on the monarch 7. A little cheaper but I have had good luck with their higher end optics. I will add that to the list!

firebeck

Very Active Member
Sep 5, 2012
Southwest Idaho
I'll weight in on this. I bought my nephew those binoculars as I mentioned in the original post. I wouldn't buy them again!!! No comparison at all to my Vortex Diamond backs!!! We were looking at some deer the first season he had them and they were far enough away I wanted to use his 10x to see if I could see more than with my Diamondback 8x. No dice!!! Blurry...couldn't focus right ...and so on....now though they are better than really cheap binos [emoji6]....but if wouldn't spend the money....Maybe the more expensive or higher models are better. I couldn't say for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk