Texas adventure

hunter25

Very Active Member
Sep 8, 2016
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
I'm on day 3 of my 6 days off to hunt whitetail in texas. Had a hard time getting here. Blew a u joint on the front driveshaft going over Vail in the snow. No damage other than that so continued without 4x4. Little scary in the weather.
Had a blowout 3 hours later. Got the spare on and got here but the spare showing cracks since its over 15 years old. Probably buy another tire before going home but can't find one full size here sinceI'm on 35's. As long as I have something though.
I didn't see any deer first day but my son shot a decent 8. Had a big 10 this morning at 400 but never crossed the fence to the property in hunting on.
Daughter passed a 10 she now wishes she'd shot but that's how it goes.
Couple days left to make it happen.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Awesome buck. Sounds like it was an adventure to get to your adventure

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

hunter25

Very Active Member
Sep 8, 2016
Daughter just punched out.
I passed a big 8 with 1 antler broke clean off and another 10 with all points broke off one side.
I need to see the guy causing all this damage. Lol

wy-tex

Veteran member
May 2, 2016
SE Wyoming
Take a big sow with piglets of possible, the piglets will hang around her for follow ups.
Hogs are smart and can smell way better than whitetails, but can't see squat. Stalking will work great with the right wind. They may not move much when it's really cold, to them anyway. Mid day may work out.
Good luck ! We travel through there every year on our way down stream to hog hunt along the Red.
Congrats on the bucks too!

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
I think you are all having too much fun this year!! Congratulations on some really nice bucks!

hunter25

Very Active Member
Sep 8, 2016
Made it home a day early to beat possible snow on the pass again.
Didn't see any hogs the evening were actually hunted and pushed brush for them.
Great to be out with the whole family at once.
Photo from left has friend and ranch owner Mike, the mmmmmm my dad, myself, my daughter nicole, my son keenan, and friend Gary. The 80 year old cook and resident quail hunting pro.