Swift bullets

BAKPAKR

May 10, 2018
I drew a Wyoming moose tag this year. Although I would like use my recurve, I have a really bad case of target panic that I just can?t shake so I am going to try to use my 460 S&W revolver. Since I had good luck with the 44 caliber 300 gr A Frame on elk out of a muzzleloader, I decided to try the 45 caliber 300 gr AF in my 460. I sent an email to Swift Bullets asking for load data. I got a call today from a fella by the name of Bill Hober from Swift Bullets. He entertained all of my questions, provided me with the info I was looking for and gave me a few other tips that were useful. I was really impressed with the personal call.

BTW, Bill Hober is the CEO of Swift Bullets. Kudos to Mr. Hober and his company.

wy-tex

Veteran member
May 2, 2016
SE Wyoming
That will be some bad medicine on a moose. Good luck.
Those bulls are pretty much made for archery hunting. I would take that recurve with and see how you shoot it in the field. I have a smaller bull with my recurve. Your shot may only be 10 yds or less, mine was. Stump shooting may help build some confidence, grouse hunting too. Judos work great on ruffed and dusky grouse.