Spottng Scope to Phone Adapters

JimP

Veteran member
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Ok, so here is my problem.

I picked up a Vortex Razor 20-60x85HD spotter last fall and now I want to hook my Samsung J7 phone to it. The only problem is that Phonescope does not make a holder for the phone and I am wondering what I really need to get.

I see that they have a universal adapter but do I need a universal one for the spotter? They make a adapter for the spotter but no holder for the phone. Do universal phone holders work with the standard spotting scope adapter or what?

Anyone else run into this problem yet?

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Jim I went to a Novagrade universal. Too many different phones and spotters in the family. Fits any phone any optical device. I have the single gripper and use a Note9.

20190622_185237.jpg

Novagrade.com

Last edited:

JimP

Veteran member
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I looked at that company, and it is a little bit more than I really want to spend just for a adapter.

jerm8352

Jul 24, 2013
Finally got out and used it. It is finicky and not easy to focus. I was only using it with the spotter attached the window of the truck so that may have added to the problems.

JimP

Veteran member
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I ended up going with the PhoneSkope universal phone mount to hold the phone. It has a spring loaded part that will clamp onto most phones out there and is actually quite strong. For the Vortex Razor I got their actual adapter for the eyepiece. Everything fits very nice, now I just need to get out and take some pictures with it.

JimP

Veteran member
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I played around with it in my backyard and took a few pictures, there is definitely a learning curve using it. My problem is that 99% of the time I just leave my phone in the truck because of no cell coverage where I usually go to look at animals. So that might need to change.