Shall I bear hunt?

firebeck

Very Active Member
Sep 5, 2012
Southwest Idaho
I am thinking about going bear hunting this next year. Most likely spring as fall is usually full of elk,deer and bird hunting. South Central Idaho. I know my hunting area's somewhat. I have seen bear sign while hiking during the summer. I will be rifle hunting. Any tips for a first time bear hunter? Spot and stalk. I don't live close enough or have time to bait yet. Thanks.

jjenness

Very Active Member
Sep 30, 2011
Lewistown, MT
In the spring, find the greenest patch of grass you can find and then just sit and wait, even if you are there for a couple of days because the bears will show up. Of course this would be as soon as the snow melts off and the grass starts to turn green, other than that I spend more time glassing than I do hiking around. Good luck.

firebeck

Very Active Member
Sep 5, 2012
Southwest Idaho
In the spring, find the greenest patch of grass you can find and then just sit and wait, even if you are there for a couple of days because the bears will show up. Of course this would be as soon as the snow melts off and the grass starts to turn green, other than that I spend more time glassing than I do hiking around. Good luck.
Thanks.....sounds like a good plan....