Sakosis

SansSouci

Nov 3, 2013
I just picked up what appears an unfired and mint condition Sako AV in .270 Win. I've recently learned that I'm assuredly suffering Sakosis. I hope there isn't a cure because I could be good for a few more.

Here are pics of the rifle that's in transit to me. I can't wait to get my hands on her. BTW, I picked her up for a grand. Ask me & I'd say she has mule deer written all over her:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Sako-Model-AV-Hunter-270-Win/1914398.uts?Ntk=GunLibrary&searchPath=/catalog/search/?N=&No=120&Ntk=GunLibrary&Ntt=sako&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchallpartial&WTz_st=&WTz_stype=SP&form_state=searchForm&recordsPerPage=20&search=sako&searchTypeByFilter=GunLibrary&x=33&y=1&Ntt=sako

Do you guys see any flaws on her? I know there will be if I get drawn for San Juan deer next season.

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
Congratulations, that looks to be a real dandy. Watch out muley bucks and anything else you may want to target with it!!

HiMtnHnter

Sep 28, 2012
Wyoming
I just picked up what appears an unfired and mint condition Sako AV in .270 Win. I've recently learned that I'm assuredly suffering Sakosis. I hope there isn't a cure because I could be good for a few more.

Here are pics of the rifle that's in transit to me. I can't wait to get my hands on her. BTW, I picked her up for a grand. Ask me & I'd say she has mule deer written all over her:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Sako-Model-AV-Hunter-270-Win/1914398.uts?Ntk=GunLibrary&searchPath=/catalog/search/?N=&No=120&Ntk=GunLibrary&Ntt=sako&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchallpartial&WTz_st=&WTz_stype=SP&form_state=searchForm&recordsPerPage=20&search=sako&searchTypeByFilter=GunLibrary&x=33&y=1&Ntt=sako

Do you guys see any flaws on her? I know there will be if I get drawn for San Juan deer next season.
That's an expensive ailment, but good taste in rifles. Sako's are my favorite. My Finn light 75 is a machine. There is no cure, but shooting helps some.

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
Sako rifles are excellent, top 3 of production made rifles IMO. You didn't get hurt on the price either. Congrats.