Rock Springs, WY winter

Bullcan

Oct 6, 2016
I wanted to see if anyone know how the winter has been south of Rock Springs. I was planning on hunting Antelope there this fall, but have heard horror stories about the winter in Wyoming this year.

zpooch

Very Active Member
Aug 11, 2016
Wyoming
It's 50 degrees out right now in Rock Springs so the critters have gotten a nice break. There were some really cold spells earlier but it has been fairly mild as of late. I think another round of storms is coming through soon though

sheephunter

Jan 29, 2012
Colorado
I have a relative in Rock Springs and I have hunted units south of there a couple times. With max deer & antelope points I was thinking of burning one or both of them this year, but this relative advised holding off. I've made my decision already, but if I was still on the fence I would be calling the biologist for the area for advice.

MF 76

Oct 2, 2016
utah
This winter has been tougher on animals then usual. Deep snow and very cold spells well below zero. I have ice fished flaming gorge multiple times this year below rock springs. The snow depth is much deeper than usual. It will be a tough year with higher mortality rates for deer an antelope. It warmed up which helped the animals, but a wave of storms has been rolling through the last few weeks. I hope the animals are still strong enough to endure the wave of late winter early spring storms. I would most likely wait a to get a tag. There will be winter kill this year for sure, But how bad is the lingering question!! Lets hope for the best.