Riverton Meat Donation?

DABAU

Jan 22, 2014
Georgia
Does anyone know a place in Riverton that would accept antelope meat in a feed the hunger type program? Don't think logistically it's going to work too well to bring our meat back(assuming we are successful) and don't want the meat to go to waste.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
DABAU, I will take it off your hands if you don't find a donation spot. I'll be in Wyoming in early October. Let me know and we can work out the details... Where are you flying out of?

libidilatimmy

Veteran member
Oct 22, 2013
Wyoming
I think for donations, they require the meat to be processed before accepting it. I'm not aware of any sponsored programs for donation to the needy like other states.

ADavid

Mar 11, 2011
Casper, WY
Not completely sure on riverton but here in Casper after you kill it if you take it to the processor and tell them you want to donate the meat they will do everything from there, you still have to pay for the processing but is discounted.

DABAU

Jan 22, 2014
Georgia
DABAU, I will take it off your hands if you don't find a donation spot. I'll be in Wyoming in early October. Let me know and we can work out the details... Where are you flying out of?
Hilltop, I'm flying out of Denver and will be hunting Sept. 27-Oct. 3. I'd be more than happy to give you the meat if the logistics worked out.

DABAU

Jan 22, 2014
Georgia
Not completely sure on riverton but here in Casper after you kill it if you take it to the processor and tell them you want to donate the meat they will do everything from there, you still have to pay for the processing but is discounted.
Thanks for the information. It does look like there is a meat processor in Riverton so I'm going to call them and see if they have any kind of donation program.

Topgun 30-06

Banned
Jun 12, 2013
Allegan, MI
Thanks for the information. It does look like there is a meat processor in Riverton so I'm going to call them and see if they have any kind of donation program.

Do you mean this one, as this is all I could find for sure and a call will tell you if they are still in business and will do what you want:

Reinigs Wild Game Processing
42 Sage Drive
Riverton 82501
307-856-6585

DABAU

Jan 22, 2014
Georgia

Do you mean this one, as this is all I could find for sure and a call will tell you if they are still in business and will do what you want:

Reinigs Wild Game Processing
42 Sage Drive
Riverton 82501
307-856-6585
That's the only one I could find as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

libidilatimmy

Veteran member
Oct 22, 2013
Wyoming
There's a couple good one's there. The one you mentioned and another that changed names recently cause it was sold. The other on is out towards Pavillion. Call Rocky Mountain Sporting Goods there and they should have the number. There's also a good one in Dubois if you get in a bind. I wouldn't use the one in Lander from personal experience, but some people have had good luck there.

WY ME

Very Active Member
Feb 4, 2014
Wyoming
There are no donation meat programs that I am aware of in Wyoming. The State of Wyoming seems to frown on giving meat away. If you give any meat away you must first get some kind of permit (it's free) from the local G&F office for the person you are giving it to. There is also a poundage limit of how much you can give to any one person. For example, I know you can't give a whole elk away. A couple of years ago the warden was in my driveway accusing me of poaching an elk. (He was too stupid to realize there was a late season for elk still going on). I told him I was gonna give a hind quarter of my elk to my neighbor across the street and he threatened me with a fine.

Just make sure you cross your "t"s and dot your "i"s when giving meat away in Wyo.