Remmington 700 trigger issues

badgerbob

May 18, 2015
Eastern Oregon
Can anyone tell me where I can find the post with a link to getting Mod. 700 triggers replaced. I read it a few days ago and now I don't seem to be able to locate it. I have 3 700's that I think will qualify for this repair....thanks BB

shootbrownelk

Veteran member
Apr 11, 2011
Wyoming
If you send in your rifles what I think you'll get back will be three rifles with "Lawyer" triggers installed. I put a Timney in mine after 2 accidental discharges. Not that expensive, and 100 times better than what Remington will give you. The Timney is 2 1/2 lbs and breaks like glass. JMO

Tim McCoy

Veteran member
Dec 15, 2014
Oregon
My understanding is the new trigger will be some version of their X mark pro trigger, which is adjustable. That said, the only M700 or M7 I will shoot until this is settled, is my M700 with a Timney. I figure to get one Walker trigger replaced/fixed or what ever they do, decide if I like it, and if not, put Timney's in.

badgerbob

May 18, 2015
Eastern Oregon
My understanding is the new trigger will be some version of their X mark pro trigger, which is adjustable. That said, the only M700 or M7 I will shoot until this is settled, is my M700 with a Timney. I figure to get one Walker trigger replaced/fixed or what ever they do, decide if I like it, and if not, put Timney's in.
That's what I figured on doing. Try it on one gun and see how I like it. I haven't had any issues with my 700's and I understand that it's only a small percentage that fail. Just being on the side of caution....BB

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Just my experience. Even though the X marks are adjustable we have noticed the crispness and break are terrible. We have a mix of older and newer and my 17yr old son even commented on how he doesn't like shooting the newer ones. We will be putting Timmeys in all our guns. Haven't had any misfires.

shootbrownelk

Veteran member
Apr 11, 2011
Wyoming
That's what I figured on doing. Try it on one gun and see how I like it. I haven't had any issues with my 700's and I understand that it's only a small percentage that fail. Just being on the side of caution....BB
That's exactly what I thought Bob, until it happened to me. Scared the Crap out of me the first time. The second time it got the new trigger. That Timney was a Hundred bucks well spent.

7 Mag

Dec 22, 2015
Indiana
I have a Model 700 CDL I didn't know there was a problem with the trigger I better check into it.

xtreme

Very Active Member
Feb 25, 2011
Searcy, Arkansas 72143
Like you said shootbrownelk, it scared the crap out of me, then I became angry. This is why you always have a gun pointed in a safe direction, always, no exceptions. I was getting down to shoot a coyote from prone so blast was near my face. That gun is gone, we still have a 1974 700 that has been a good hunting gun, going to keep it and do some mods, first is a Timmy.