Refunds

Zim

Very Active Member
Feb 28, 2011
LaPorte, IN
I think it's about the time I got the most cash shipped out. Anyone else figure what will be refunded earliest pending no luck? WY bison, CO sheep, NM elk, CO elk/deer/lope..........? I think over $6K out this year.

Zim

Very Active Member
Feb 28, 2011
LaPorte, IN
Yowza! Zim that's some cash rite there. What would it be if you drew all of those?
Odds are all below 5% except NM elk so I am really not concerned about that. Also anything in CO I could return.

I really just want my cash back.

Just submitted my NV apps tonight. Thought of waiting for NM results as they may overlap, but decided I did not want to go down to the wire.

Last edited:

llp

Mar 15, 2011
They can keep my cash, just send the tags! I am out well over $15K between multiple states. I try not to think about it....
llp

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
I second that MM. My wife would have my hide if I had that much money out.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Zim

Very Active Member
Feb 28, 2011
LaPorte, IN
They can keep my cash, just send the tags! I am out well over $15K between multiple states. I try not to think about it....
llp
Ya I pick and choose to keep that figure reasonable at high tide. There's a few I pass on, like NM exotics, if the odds just aren't there.

Muleys 24/7

Veteran member
Jan 12, 2012
The Golden State
I have a few bucks out myself. The refunds/draw results, can never come back fast enough. Too bad every state can't have the drawing within a couple weeks of their application deadline.

HuskyMusky

Veteran member
Nov 29, 2011
IL
I know they want to keep our money as long as possible, but honestly would it be that difficult to have; a deadline, then 1 week later results posted, then another week later refunds in the mail?

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
I know they want to keep our money as long as possible, but honestly would it be that difficult to have; a deadline, then 1 week later results posted, then another week later refunds in the mail?
To do this the deadline in most of the states for deer, elk & antelope would be a lot later. When they post all the info (online or in booklets) they have not firmed up the number of tags they plan on selling. I'm betting they do know the number of sheep, goat & moose tags they want to sell. They really do want to keep all our $$$ for as long as they can, even at the low interest rates we get today, its a chunk of change.

Cobbhunts

Veteran member
Jan 22, 2014
Kentucky
Thanks, I wasn't aware of that. Seems silly not to put in for those States. I'll have to read up on them more though. I just assumed all states took your money until the drawing.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Musket Man

Veteran member
Jul 20, 2011
colfax, wa
What state does it like this? Wyoming has about a grand of my money, since late Feb I think. I applied online.

Idaho even gives you a couple weeks to buy the tag if you draw and if you dont buy it the tag goes into the 2nd drawing. The downside to this type of system is you have to buy a non refundable hunting license and pay app fees even if you just want points. Nevada cost me $230, Idaho will be about $185 I think and none of it is refundable.

2rocky

Sep 10, 2012
I'm looking for Ideas on how to rat hole that money for applications each year. I don't like having a balance on my Credit card, and paying interest on those low odds tag fees. I've managed to whittle down the balance since the application period, and I would ideally charge the card and pay it off before the next statement. Then the refund would go back into the cash reserve...
At one time I figured $9k could be outstanding if I applied for all my dream hunts.

CD's?
as cash in a brokerage account?

Cobbhunts

Veteran member
Jan 22, 2014
Kentucky
^^^@2rocky

This is something I'm interested in as well. I'm I basically the same situation. Assuming I don't draw in WY, the cash would be mine because the card I charged it to will have a zero balance. Now....I could spend it, don't get me wrong. But it sure would be nice to put it in a "kitty purse" somewhere for future aps.