PP draw question

GOSHENGRUNTER

Jan 8, 2014
Clermont County Ohio
This is my first year where I'll be in the pp draw. I think I can draw the unit I want in the special pp draw. However, I was going to put general as my second choice. If I draw my second choice, will I still lose my points? Im only playing with 3 points but I still dont want to burn em on a general.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jonny5

Jun 21, 2012
You only lose them if you draw your first choice.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

GOSHENGRUNTER

Jan 8, 2014
Clermont County Ohio
What species are you talking about? If it's elk you won't draw as a 2nd choice anymore.
I am talking about elk. Im not really expecting to draw as 2nd choice, but it looked like a possibility in the special pp draw. Then again, its 10000% possible im reading it wrong!

I have also thought about using that strategy for deer too. Only so I can have a deer tag in the unit ill be elk hunting just in case. Elk is the priority this year. Wyoming is my hope, montana and colorado are my backups.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Alabama

Veteran member
Feb 18, 2013
Sweet Home Alabama
Last edited:

Millsworks

Nov 23, 2017
Augusta, West Virginia
A long shot.
But if you like to gamble and are not really wanting to elk hunt in 2018, then it may be worth the try for you.
Elk hunting in Wyoming seems to be pretty popular. Most tag quotas will probably fill in the first draw. But I guess anything could happen.
Better gamble for a Wyoming deer tag.
I wouldn't try it for elk.

Lots of guys know more about it than me.
How lucky do you feel?

Conrad8899

Oct 15, 2011
Casper Wy
Its just my opinion.. I wouldn't be surprised if the general tag doesn't go to 3 points to draw... Would imagine 2.5 points will be around 40% or less to draw.. So getting a tag second choice regular or special are slim to none.. But U never know...

WapitiBob

Veteran member
Mar 1, 2011
Bend, Orygun
They added 400 licenses to the special gen in 2017 in the 3rd phase of the nr draw so there will need to be a decrease of 500 1st choice apps before they would get to the 2nd choice.

Alabama

Veteran member
Feb 18, 2013
Sweet Home Alabama
I've always wondered is that legal with the quotas being set 60% regular and 40% special. It looks like they would have to break it down that way.