Pig hunt

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
I'm looking for a N. Cal pig hunt

I normally go to the Coalinga area and hunt pigs for around the $500 range but am looking for something more in the northern Ca area. Maybe Cottonwood or Redding.

Has anyone been successful with a outfitter in these areas that can can give me a recommendation?
Thanx

beav906

Apr 18, 2011
Bend, OR
Take a look at rawhide west. My dad did a hunt with them in August. Had a great time. Got a good hog. They have several ranches just out of redding and price is right in there

beav906

Apr 18, 2011
Bend, OR
I believe it was 900. But it was 3 days all inclusive meals, beverages, lodging and guided. They took you everywhere. They have a few ranches to hunt

Grantbvfd

Jun 10, 2011
Anderson, CA
Checked out Red Bank. They look promising. Have you hunted with them?
Haven't hunted with them but met the guides. They do a summer camp where kids get shooting instruction, hunter ethics, fishing, hunters safety etc...... The guides run the camp and they all knew what they were talking about.

I would definitely consider them!! Seen a few hunts on tv that were filmed there too.

mav_7mm

Jan 19, 2012
Corvallis, Oregon
When I was just starting to hunt my dad had me go to the summer camp at Red Bank, I don't know how the hunts are there but the camp was great and so were the people!

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
Any more suggestions? Any luck ikic?
I like the looks of Red Bank but haven't made contact. The place Ive gone for pigs is back on. The pigs have moved out for the last two years and are now back so I'm probably going to go there again. It's a friends place and for $500 I can shoot as many as I want.

Shaun

Jan 7, 2012
There are alot of outfitters in northern CA I mainly hunt central CA and could set you up around here I know chris brackett from fear no evil went on a hog hunt up there and got a nice one If ou go to his sight I am sure there is a link

Kevin Root

Very Active Member
Jun 22, 2011
San Jose, California
web.me.com
I like the looks of Red Bank but haven't made contact. The place Ive gone for pigs is back on. The pigs have moved out for the last two years and are now back so I'm probably going to go there again. It's a friends place and for $500 I can shoot as many as I want.
I hope you will be able to fill up your freezer and shoot a bunch. Pigs are pretty intrusive out here in a lot of areas. I see them almost every time I hike up in the hills next to my home. Some of them look like small cows at first glance in the distance. Sadly it is county property up there by me and they are safe from being hunted.

H3Dad

Aug 12, 2011
Los Molinos Ca.
Red Bluff Ale and Quail out of Red Bluff, Ca. will provide a great hunt but they're a little pricey. Rocky Ridge Hunting Club is another good choice and their prices are a little better, $500 a day or $750 for two days. rockyridgehuntigclub.com Both of these ranches have lots of hogs.

Muleys 24/7

Veteran member
Jan 12, 2012
The Golden State
$500 for a pig. That's alot if you ask me especially for a nuisance animal. Just my opinion. I would never pay for a guided pig hunt either, but on the other hand lots of people do.