OR Muzzle Loader White Tail

gonhunting247

Veteran member
Jan 21, 2014
Had a good late Muzzle Loader Whitetail hunt and was lucky enough to connect with this cool double brow tine buck!

gonhunting247

Veteran member
Jan 21, 2014
Very nice! What was your muzzleloader setup?
I used a Knight U/L (Western Edition) with open sights and 100gr. of pyrodex and a TC Maxi-hunter. That's the same load I use in my old Knight MK-85. I'd like to try a few other options, but haven't had time to test any other loads that are legal for OR. I used the same gun in UT, but it had the other breech plug, a 1x scope, with a Saboted Barnes pushed by triple 7, so almost like shooting a whole different gun!

CoHiCntry

Veteran member
Mar 31, 2011
Colorado Mountains
I used a Knight U/L (Western Edition) with open sights and 100gr. of pyrodex and a TC Maxi-hunter. That's the same load I use in my old Knight MK-85. I'd like to try a few other options, but haven't had time to test any other loads that are legal for OR. I used the same gun in UT, but it had the other breech plug, a 1x scope, with a Saboted Barnes pushed by triple 7, so almost like shooting a whole different gun!
Great setup. I love my Knight U/L! Already looking forward to hunting with it next year. Congrats on your hunt... love seeing other muzzleloader hunts!

gonhunting247

Veteran member
Jan 21, 2014
Great setup. I love my Knight U/L! Already looking forward to hunting with it next year. Congrats on your hunt... love seeing other muzzleloader hunts!
Not a Blacktail of course:), but here's a buck my son whacked with my old Knight MK-85 (same powder and bullet set up). He drew an OR Muley tag and we were lucky to put this guy down, after a few days of tough hunting! That's the main reason I changed my U/L over to NW legal, because I let him try out my old Knight this year. This was his first ML hunt!