Oklahoma Hog Hunt

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
I have a group of 6 guys that want to do a weekend hog hunt. We prefer Oklahoma due to drive times but would consider North Texas if it was an amazing deal. Half the guys are coming from Laramie Wyoming and the others from Central Nebraska. Anyone have any recommended ranches/hunts? I have spent quite a bit of time on Google but first hand experience from guys on here has never let me down.

Yell Co AR Hunter

Very Active Member
Dec 10, 2015
Yell County Arkansas
I have hog hunted a few places over the years. A couple in OK Pennington Creek Hunting Club and All about U Ranch are a couple to check in to. Oklahoma has added a couple of fees to hunt hogs which I do not care for but it only totals about $45.00.
Pennington Creek is a great place to go as far as the whole experience. Depending on the time of year hunting can very. One year I went there was a heavy mass crop and hog movement was bad. You would not see a hog on corn. Pennington Creek you have a 8,000 acre place to your group alone. The service is great and Jason will do everything he can to get your hogs.
All about U kills a lot of hogs and does a good job but there will be others there unless you have 8 or more hunters.
Texas offers night hunting with lights over feeders in a lot of places. This will increase you odds of killing a couple good hogs.
For a good hog hunt now days you can expect to pay around $600.00 a hunter for two days.
Funny I have killed a couple hogs on my place and several on public land. I still enjoy taking a trip to hog hunt.

swampokie

Veteran member
Jul 29, 2013
Haworth Oklahoma
Shiloh ranch specialize in hogs and ive heard good things. I would never pay a ranch or an outfitter for a hog personally. We have a million on public lands that can be hunted for the price of small game license. Way too many hogs here

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
Shiloh ranch specialize in hogs and ive heard good things. I would never pay a ranch or an outfitter for a hog personally. We have a million on public lands that can be hunted for the price of small game license. Way too many hogs here
How doable would it be for 6 guys coming from out of state to be successful on a 2 day hunt going in blind? I lived in South East Texas for a few years. Everyone talked about all the hogs but it was really rare to see them on public land. I shot a couple on private land but never had an opportunity or even saw one on public in 20+ trips out down there.

2peterhunter

Jul 5, 2015
I have been to Shiloh twice and would highly recommend looking elsewhere.

wy-tex

Veteran member
May 2, 2016
SE Wyoming
I have a group of 6 guys that want to do a weekend hog hunt. We prefer Oklahoma due to drive times but would consider North Texas if it was an amazing deal. Half the guys are coming from Laramie Wyoming and the others from Central Nebraska. Anyone have any recommended ranches/hunts? I have spent quite a bit of time on Google but first hand experience from guys on here has never let me down.
Are these the guys who normally hunt the Stuart Ranch in Oklahoma, guys from Laramie?
pm sent

jjenness

Very Active Member
Sep 30, 2011
Lewistown, MT
Hilltop you definitely need to check out the Ranger Creek Ranch in Seymour Texas. I was there this past May with my son and another friend and it is 5 stars in my opinion. We hunted for 4 days and could have massacred so many hogs it was ridiculous. The lodge is amazing, meals are prepped by a chef and left for you whenever you want to eat. May was the off season so we didn't pay as much but even during the good hunting season their prices are really pretty good for what they offer. If you want more info PM me and we can try to connect via phone.

http://rangercreekranch.com/

swampokie

Veteran member
Jul 29, 2013
Haworth Oklahoma
How doable would it be for 6 guys coming from out of state to be successful on a 2 day hunt going in blind? I lived in South East Texas for a few years. Everyone talked about all the hogs but it was really rare to see them on public land. I shot a couple on private land but never had an opportunity or even saw one on public in 20+ trips out down there.
Ive had many groups come here and hunt public over the last 15 years. I very rarely remember them not getting into hogs. I would say 80 plus percent success. The only thing is that they always plan for at least 3 or 4 days to hunt Two really restricts u. I have personally killed over 1200 hogs on public here.

Prerylyon

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2016
Cedar Rapids, IA
Appreciate this thread; a sensible hog hunt (reasonable ranch fees) or even DIY is something I've wanted to try. I would probably shoot for 5 days of hunting, with 2 travel days. I suppose like any hunting in warmer weather, meat care needs to be thought through ahead of time; but I've seen that many of these ranches offer a butchering station and cold storage as part of their packages. DIY its probably a little more challenging, but ice, coolers and finding a local locker can be planned for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk