Official Reloading Supplies Thread

Eberle

Veteran member
Oct 2, 2012
Sasakwa, Oklahoma
I'm starting to see supplies become available. In the last two weeks, I have scored on three kegs (Tac, Varget & Lil Gun). I felt like I won the lottery lol! I have been looking for two years for these powders. I've got one left on my radar, that is Accurate 1680. I thought I'd start this post to help everyone who is looking, like me. I'm going to post links to several sites I frequently visit. Feel free to post your sites or what you are after.

Thanks, Bryan

www.midwayusa.com
www.precisionreloading.com
www.midsouthshooterssupply.com
www.powdervalleyinc.com
www.natchezss.com
www.sinclairintl.com
www.gunbot.net
www.grafs.com
www.extremereloadingnv.com
www.brownells.com
www.jmreloadingsupply.com
www.wideners.com
www.selwayarmory.com
www.butchsreloading.com
http://store.thirdgenerationshootingsupply.com
www.brunoshooters.com
www.reloadingunlimited.com
www.missouribullet.com
www.shootersproshop.com

Of course Bass Pro, Cabela's & Sportsman's Warehouse

Last edited:

missjordan

Veteran member
Dec 9, 2014
Missoula, MT
I've found accurate 1680 in sportsman's warehouse in missoula, mt. Black sheep sporting goods in CDA has so much powder and bullets it's unreal! If your close it's worth the drive

Eberle

Veteran member
Oct 2, 2012
Sasakwa, Oklahoma
Thanks for the info Miss Jordan. I looked up Black sheep they have a website but no online store. Down here in OK every shop around has empty shelves!

Musket Man

Veteran member
Jul 20, 2011
colfax, wa
Black sheep sporting goods in CDA has so much powder and bullets it's unreal! If your close it's worth the drive
Ill second that! Black Sheep has the most reloading supplys I have seen anywhere. Their store has gotten ALOT better since Wholesale Sports (that bought a bunch of Sportsmans Warehouses around here) went under and they moved to the old Sportsmans building in CDA.

missjordan

Veteran member
Dec 9, 2014
Missoula, MT
They are the best, plus there archery shop is huge. Worth the 3 hour drive if I ever run out. Been looking for retumbo powder all winter and it's finally shoeing up now, but they had tons of it and no limited quanitities on anything

Musket Man

Veteran member
Jul 20, 2011
colfax, wa
They are the best, plus there archery shop is huge. Worth the 3 hour drive if I ever run out. Been looking for retumbo powder all winter and it's finally shoeing up now, but they had tons of it and no limited quanitities on anything
How many FPS do you get out of your bow with it?;)

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Some stuff is getting easier to find, but lots of items are still not available. I ran out of Speer .38 cal 148 gr HBWC bullets last week during a reloading session. Took over an hour to find them online. All the places that Eberle listed are on my search list. Finally found some at Dillon. Got 10,000, which is enough to last me a couple of years. Primers are in pretty good supply, but prices have not come down much. I have lots of powder. I have around 80,000 primers of all types, which will last me 3 or 4 years. Biggest problem is still .22 rimfire ammo. I shoot Aguila match pistol and it is really hard to find. I have 3 bricks left from a buy last year.

I use quite a bit of reloading supplies as I shoot competitively in Cowboy Action, Bulls Eye Pistol and bench rest .22. I practice 2 days a week and match shoot around 6 days a month, so I spend lots of time shooting and reloading. When I find any component in bulk and on sale I buy as much as I can afford. Last year at Winter range (Cowboy National Championships) I bought 4 cases (48 pounds) of APP black powder substitute for $10.00 per pound. Price included shipping & hazmat. This is what I use for Cowboy Action and I us a lot. Will be going again next week and I understand the sale will be on again, but price is $13.00 per pound. I'll pass this year and look for bullets. There will be over 100 vendors there, along with 800+ shooters.

Eberle

Veteran member
Oct 2, 2012
Sasakwa, Oklahoma
They also offer discounts to clubs. I know some guys down hear that shoot the coated bullets out of 300 blackouts (subsonic) and really like them.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
I have not...but I'll do a little digging. A few years ago when primers got scarce, several of us in our cowboy shooting club got together and bought 500,000 primers. I am still shooting them!

Thanks for the tip.

jims

Oct 5, 2012
KC Missouri
In the general KC area, I have been able to find most reloading components that I use (although prices have really increased over the past couple of years). The exception is AA1680. I have been looking for some since last summer and I haven't came across any. A good thing about Bass Pro is that you can buy powder on-line and have it shipped to a local store without any hazmat fee. If you purchase powder from Cabelas, they will not ship your powder order to a local store for pick-up. Will only ship to your residence with the hazmat fee.

Eberle

Veteran member
Oct 2, 2012
Sasakwa, Oklahoma
CC, You are welcome Sir!

Jims, Accurate 5744 is real close to 1680 & Natchez has it in stock and on sale for $208.49/8lb. keg right now. I've thought about it but I think I'll hold out for 1680.

missjordan

Veteran member
Dec 9, 2014
Missoula, MT
Someone told me this awhile ago but isn't there a website that will "find" your reloading supplies and tell you who has them in stock? It's like a large database of some sort? I really need to find 300 rum brass