Now that it's OVER!!!

THelms

Administrator
Staff member
So, duck season is over, the goose season is in its waning days and Chukar chasing and Hun hunting close down at month's end. All this closure has me thinking... what is a Wingman to do? Personally I'll be calling coyotes, dreaming of northbound snow geese, that I may or may not get to hunt, and fishing, along with planning out next year's itinerary and getting ready for turkey season. I'm not a big shed hunter and really think we shouldn't even begin looking for bone until those deer, moose and elk have a chance to recoup from the rigors of winter. That leaves, fishing for me, those warm February afternoons are custom made for flyrods and a nice adult beverage.

But I'm just one man, what say you my fellow Wingmen? What turns your crank after the winged fun is over this time of year?

Alas, one season ends and another begins... "turn, turn turn."

ElkTrout

Veteran member
Feb 2, 2012
Parker, CO
I am with you! Watching the migration reports and waiting for the snows to start moving! I will also try and do some predator control as well as chasing a lion!
I do love to shed hunt but always wait until later to do so!
It is also the time of year I get weird looks at stop lights while I practice my turkey calls! Dreaming of a bid ol strutting Tom!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daubs

Aug 5, 2016
Nebraska
I'm already planning for next year's rifle season. And picked up a bow at Christmas, so I will be getting that set and ready to practice.

Looking for a pack and spotter, and tripod. Aside from that, getting ready for turkey season.

But first....

First of Feb meeting five college buddies for one last chance hunting Canadas. Probably won't see anything, but we will punish some adult beverages, and reminisce about the "good ol days"! Can't wait!!!

Fink

Veteran member
Apr 7, 2011
West Side, MoMo
We can still shoot Canadas until Feb 15th here, So I'll do that a little bit longer. Like you, I may or may not shoot some northbound Snows. After that, it's only a month until Spring Turkey opens up, so I'll scout a few farms, pull some stands that need to be pulled, let the dog run and pick up a shed or two, then it's time to smack some gobblers in the face with a load of 5's!

THelms

Administrator
Staff member
And now we can add turkey season to the list... sigh. Ours was a lot of fun. Didn't get to hunt as much as we'd like but who does?

The question on our minds is, now what?

For us it's time to shoot, shoot, and shoot some more, train/exercise dogs and ourselves and fish!

How bout you?

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Coyote season should pickup once the fawns drop and turkeys hatch! My new gun should be in anytime... Perfect Timing!