bdan68

Nov 13, 2013
Rochester, Washington
Yes you need the hunting license and no they won't refund your money if you don't draw. You'd still have the option of buying a general deer tag if you don't draw the controlled hunt, so you can still make use of the hunting license and hunt anyway.

andrew12gauge

Aug 26, 2016
I second the above post, and the new regulations should be out late March-early April and the application period will be may 1-june 5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swampokie

Veteran member
Jul 29, 2013
Haworth Oklahoma
Im donating the hunting license money for a 99.4% chance of not drawing a sheep tag. Way too far to drive for a general deer tag. I must be crazy

conibear

Oct 15, 2017
Im donating the hunting license money for a 99.4% chance of not drawing a sheep tag. Way too far to drive for a general deer tag. I must be crazy
You aren't crazy, life is short - hunt hard!

Andrew and Bdan thanks for the replies.

gonhunting247

Veteran member
Jan 21, 2014
The late White tail hunt is a great way to make use of the license if you don't draw the controlled hunt!

Drifter2007

May 22, 2019
Oregon
I have been hunting Idaho in OTC units the last 4 years. Idaho has great controlled hunt opportunities for residents. For non residents I think it is a waste of time, especially for any of the unusual critters, ie moose, sheep, goats. If you look at the draw odds, Out of all of the non residents that applied for moose, bighorn sheep and mtn goats not one single tag was drawn for a non resident. There are resident hunts that offer great draw odds, just not worth it as a non resident. For deer and elk there is some great OTC tags that can be had, and you can buy a OTC wolf tag as well. How many places can you do that?

andrew12gauge

Aug 26, 2016
People forget to pick up their tags. Some good ones will be in there. Long odds but worth the $6.25 for a shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk