NM weather

pmcgovern

Feb 11, 2014
Oregon
Going to hunt deer in New Mexico, south of Datil, the first week of November....... Wondering if any of you have any info regarding what to expect from the weather. I've looked at all the weather websites and they show a broad range. I know this is a question that really doesn't have a good answer, just seeing if anyone has hunted that area in the last year or so and what kind of weather did they see. The more I re-read this the dumber the question sounds, but I'll ask anyway. I'm a newbie!! Any info is appreciated.

dhershberger

Jul 28, 2011
NM
New Mexico's weather is so unpredictable that time of year. It could be literally 70 degrees during the day and warm or it could only get up into the 30's during the day when a cold spell hits. Be prepared for anything! I have been on hunts where its hot one day and the next its cold as heck. There usually isnt too much snow down there that time of year but the temperatures swing like crazy.

pmcgovern

Feb 11, 2014
Oregon
New Mexico's weather is so unpredictable that time of year. It could be literally 70 degrees during the day and warm or it could only get up into the 30's during the day when a cold spell hits. Be prepared for anything! I have been on hunts where its hot one day and the next its cold as heck. There usually isnt too much snow down there that time of year but the temperatures swing like crazy.
Thanks for the info!!!! I sure hope we get a little weather/snow while we're there. It's sure a lot more fun, for me anyway, to hunt in a little bit of snow.