New Potential World Record Whitetail From iL Taken With Bow

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
good lord , what a monster! congrats to the lucky young man!

pity they wacked his head he would have made an awesome euro mount!! oh well , shoulder or life sized will do also.

Prerylyon

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2016
Cedar Rapids, IA
Excellent!

See? You don't have to hunt in Iowa after all to shoot a real big whitey. [emoji38]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

BOHNTR

Very Active Member
Feb 28, 2011
Lakeside, AZ
[You better back a lunch to score that badboy!! Where's the scoring taking place, I thought I had heard Missouri?/QUOTE]

The Pope and Young Club Panel is in Omaha, NE the end of next month. Then after the P&Y convention in April, i’ll be off to Springfield, MO for the B&C Panel.

HighPlainsHunter

Mar 1, 2018
Laramie
Sure seems like there have been a lot of world record animals killed here lately. Sheep (South Dakota), whitetail (This), and mule deer (gordon buck) that I can think of off the top of my head just last year. Not to mention the state record animals like the 400+" elk in Nebraska.

BOHNTR

Very Active Member
Feb 28, 2011
Lakeside, AZ
The Gordon buck has not been verified (Panel) is not the world record. We’ll see if he chooses to strip the velvet.

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Not verified, not record.
Say what now? Your statement doesn?t make sense or I?m tired. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alabama

Veteran member
Feb 18, 2013
Sweet Home Alabama
He's saying the Gordon buck has not been measured by an official panel. It must be stripped of velvet and measured to qualify for the world record mule deer (B&C). Who knows if he will do it or not? P&Y will accept it with velvet but it be in the velvet non-typical category only. B&C will not accept velvet entries.

Therefore no official score = not a world record

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Thank you Alabama. Makes sense now.
Not sure what I would do... I would prefer to leave the buck as I found him, well after I killed him of course.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
would be a tough call but I think I would pass on the books and keep the velvet.

a trophy is a trophy with or without being in a book.

BOHNTR

Very Active Member
Feb 28, 2011
Lakeside, AZ
He's saying the Gordon buck has not been measured by an official panel. It must be stripped of velvet and measured to qualify for the world record mule deer (B&C). Who knows if he will do it or not? P&Y will accept it with velvet but it be in the velvet non-typical category only. B&C will not accept velvet entries.

Therefore no official score = not a world record
Thanks, Alabama! I guess I should have explained that it better, sorry for the confusion, BC.