New Bow!

T43

I got my BowTech Assassin yesterday. This is my first bow and its amazing to me how fast and quiet it is. The tag from the factory has it listed as a 72 lb draw weight and although it needs adjusted it feel great. Do any of you Bowtech guys know if I need a press to adjust the draw length? The book says one is required for the OverDrive Binary cams but it doesn't say anything about using one with the standard binary cams. I just don't see how it can be done without a press and don't want to screw up my new bow by messing around with it.

wolftalonID

Very Active Member
Mar 10, 2011
Idaho
One major thing to note. Loosen the bolts on the limb pockets before you press it. If not it can damage limbs. I lost a limb when increasing tension, it nearly shattered on my next draw. I was lucky!.
For warranty affecting stuff, its not a bad Idea to have the shop you got it from do that for you anyway.

T43

I figured it out, they are completely adjustable without using a press. I got it set up, paper tuned it as best I could and got it sighted in over the weekend. My only regret is not getting a bow years ago. This thing amazes me. I can hardly believe how accurate it is. The wind doesn't push the arrows off as much as I thought it would and from the start before I started tuning it and sighting it in I had groups that I didn't figure possible with the limited amount of experience I have. now I just have to get the F&G to sign me off and get a permit. I may get to take it after a bear this year after all.

wolftalonID

Very Active Member
Mar 10, 2011
Idaho
One thing to remember, drill this into your draw routine so you dont forget in the field. GRIP, GRIP, GRIP. My first hunt I shot completely behind the animal at 20 yards do to an adrenaline induced white-knuckled grip. Its so easy to relax and pay attention to all that detail in the range at home, and go completely bonkers when that buck is standing right there. LOL.