MZL Iron Sight Recs Needed

graybird

Feb 22, 2011
Colorado
I have a CVA Accura V2 that I'd like to replace the factory sights with quality aftermarket sights. Colorado doesn't allow the use of a scope; therefore, it is iron sights only.

At the moment, I'm thinking of a peep sight on the rear and highly visible front sight. I thought I had a deal made with Skinner sights to have a rear peep sight made, but I haven't heard a word for over a year now and my emails and phone calls have gone unanswered.

Which brings me to the reason for my post. Can you give me some recommendations for both front and rear sights? What works well, and those that didn't work so well to avoid.

Thanks for the advice in advance, Graybird

ColoradoV

Very Active Member
Oct 4, 2011
I use a williams peep site with the large apature with a lyman globe front and a Lee Shaver cross hair (painted bright white) in the globe.

It fits on my white but not sure if it would work on a cva but totally colorado legal. Shoots great out to 200+ yds as you can click up the williams peep. The smaller apature for the peep is great at the range but in field conditions you will want the large one.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
I have a TC Pro Hunter that I replaced the factory sights with a See All sight. I love it, very accurate and Colorado legal.

seeallopensight.com

001.jpg002.jpg

Last edited:

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
The men above have already hit on the two I would recommend.....only additional comment is I sometimes paint my front with glow in the dark white then a dot of red in the middle.

sheephunter

Jan 29, 2012
Colorado
I don't know why you can't make contact with Skinner sights, but I got sights from him for my TC Renegade flintlock. Then it turned out I have a rare barrel with different screw spacing for my rear sight so I returned the one I bought, along with accurate measurements for what I needed, and about 30 days later the new sight with correct screw spacing showed up. This all happened about 6-8 months ago.

graybird

Feb 22, 2011
Colorado
I don't know why you can't make contact with Skinner sights, but I got sights from him for my TC Renegade flintlock. Then it turned out I have a rare barrel with different screw spacing for my rear sight so I returned the one I bought, along with accurate measurements for what I needed, and about 30 days later the new sight with correct screw spacing showed up. This all happened about 6-8 months ago.
Yup, I don't know either. At the time I requested the new sight he didn't currently make a sight that fit on the Accura. We discussed the sight dimensions, etc. via multiple emails back and forth. He stated we would have his secretary place my request in the order bin, and he would send me an invoice once the project was completed. Fast forward over a year from then, still crickets with several attempts on my part just asking where the project stood. Never an answer, so I've moved on and looking for an alternative.