My WY 'lope

bux4brainz

Jul 18, 2017
Utah
Here is my WY antelope from unit 58. I should be getting the mount back soon. I'll post pics of the mount when I get it. We had an incredible hunt & looked at well over 400 bucks before I shot this one. He's not the tallest buck on the mountain, or should I say desert but, he has great mass & lots of character. I love all his nasty bumps! If any of you need some advice or help on unit 58, I'd be happy to help! It's a really good unit with minimal pressure. There aren't very many tags. We only bumped into 1 other hunter.

IMG_5444.jpg
IMG_5448.jpg
Resized_IMG_5445.jpg

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Here is my WY antelope from unit 58. I should be getting the mount back soon. I'll post pics of the mount when I get it. We had an incredible hunt & looked at well over 400 bucks before I shot this one. He's not the tallest buck on the mountain, or should I say desert but, he has great mass & lots of character. I love all his nasty bumps! If any of you need some advice or help on unit 58, I'd be happy to help! It's a really good unit with minimal pressure. There aren't very many tags. We only bumped into 1 other hunter.

View attachment 20734
View attachment 20735
View attachment 20736
Very good buck!

the wanderer

Nov 14, 2012
Burlington, WI
That’s a beautiful looking buck. How tall is he? I’d love to take a tall one like that. I don’t care much about mass or score, but a tall buck like that would be great. Congratulations! How many points did you have to draw that tag?

bux4brainz

Jul 18, 2017
Utah
Thanks guys. I am pretty excited about him, even more excited to get the mount back. I'll post pics of the mount when I get him. I'm doing a shoulder wall pedestal mount. I had max points at the time, which was 10. I believe unit 58 just plateaued at 10 points to draw. He officially scored 84" net. His horns are just over 15" tall. He has great mass below & above the prong.

S-

bux4brainz

Jul 18, 2017
Utah
Thanks guys. I'm excited about him & I'm even more excited to get the mount back. I'll post pics of the mount when I get it back. I'm doing a shoulder wall pedestal mount. I drew the tag with 10 points, max at the time. I believe unit 58 has now plateaued at 10 points to draw. He officially scores 84" net. His horns are just over 15" tall. He has great mass above & below the prongs.

S-

bux4brainz

Jul 18, 2017
Utah
Thanks guys. I was very excited about him. I'm even more excited to get the mount back. I am doing a shoulder wall pedestal mount on him. I'll post pics when I get him back. I drew the tag with 10 points, which was max at the time. I believe unit 58 has plateaued at 10 points. He officially scores 84" net. His horns are both just over 15". He has great mass above & below the prongs as you can see in the pics.

S-