Montana deer and antelope B question

Swedishhunter

Jun 24, 2016
Does anyone know if Montana publishes the number of B licenses they intend to issue before the draw? I can't find info anywhere on the website on which units will actually offer B licenses and how many. I am looking at 700 district and over the last couple of years the B tags seem to have been available some years and not in others. Judging from the application system it seems antelope B are available for NR but no Deer B.

Also, as I go to the application system it wants to require me to buy the conservation and general hunting, but I already applied for the general deer combo that includes those items???

MTHusker

Apr 22, 2013
I stopped by office in Glasgow a couple weeks ago, they said they would have the 2017 deer, elk and antelope guide tomorrow, the 4th, but they are online, the 2017 guide is on there home page, just click it and go to where you need to look. As for app system I have no idea, buy my tags at fwp office...lol

missjordan

Veteran member
Dec 9, 2014
Missoula, MT
The book is out with the tag information already for any draw districts. If the hunting district has any B tags for application you should be able to apply for them now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTHusker

Apr 22, 2013
Ok, so I spoke with a biologist for FWP down in Big Timber this morning, the b tags that are listed right now, are last years quota numbers, HE SAID THEY COULD AND MORE THEN LIKELY WOULD CHANGE BEFORE THE JUNE 1 DEADLINE. I was asking him specifically about district 560, but he says this pertains to all areas. They are still compiling spring count numbers, they will then take these before the commission with their recommendations, but the commission may or may not chose to go by those.