Missouri River Breaks Road Conditions

eastmont

Feb 28, 2014
Hey all,
I'm sure many of you heard but over the weekend eastern Montana got 5-8in of rain in two days. Many, many, many roads are trashed and impassible. Culverts gone, 10-20ft washes. If you are planning on heading out to any of the missouri breaks districts I would call the local BLM office and/or Lewistown CMR headquarters. Have a pen and map handy because there are lots of closed roads.

Last edited:

Cobbhunts

Veteran member
Jan 22, 2014
Kentucky
Hey all,
I'm sure many of you heard but over the weekend eastern Montana got 5-8in of rain in two days. Many, many, many roads are trashed and impassible. Culverts gone, 10-20ft washes. If you are planning on heading out to any of the missouri breaks districts I would call the local BLM office and/or Lewistown CMR headquarters. Have a pen and map handy because there are lots of closed roads.
Good heads up for anyone headed that way.

25contender

Veteran member
Mar 20, 2013
Man just 1 inch will mess the breaks up for a few days!! Hate to see what 5-8" will do!! Thanks

AT Hiker

Very Active Member
Aug 2, 2012
Tennessee
I just got back from Yellowstone and a scouting trip in the Big Horns, it rained, rained some more and then rained again. Then when I got back to TN my grass had grown a foot, rain everywhere...except where you need it!

Musket Man

Veteran member
Jul 20, 2011
colfax, wa
Wish I was hunting there this year. With so many roads closed I bet you would have CMR all to yourself if you were willing to walk in!

25contender

Veteran member
Mar 20, 2013
I put in for archery season this year as a back up and with all those archery tags I didn't get drawn!!! I guess there is a first for everything!!
Wish I was hunting there this year. With so many roads closed I bet you would have CMR all to yourself if you were willing to walk in!