MagnetoSpeed Sport Chrono

I'm looking to purchase my first chronograph and have been giving the Sport model a look at $179. From the videos and reviews that I've seen so far, they seem like a straight forward, accurate and convenient unit to set up and use, even in shit weather. Does anyone here have any experience with them, or anything positive/negative to comment? The V3 model has a bunch of whistles and bells, but not sure it would be worth twice the price at $360

Micah S

Jan 11, 2016
Sandy Oregon
Mine works really good. Only negative would be that it can slip forwards on the barrel after a few shots with larger caliber rifles.

mosquito

Nov 1, 2012
NE ohio
I have one also . I really don't see why anyone would need anything else unless you were shooting f-class or at another high level. 👍👍

graybird

Feb 22, 2011
Colorado
I’ve been using one for a couple years now. They are a great tool and a great piece of equipment to have vs a standard chrony, IMHO. It is often quite windy here in Eastern CO and I like the fact I can still complete crucial load development while dealing with windy conditions.

A couple cons: they will slide forward depending on barrel taper, cannot use while doing accuracy testing because of POI changes, and cannot be used on an AR style rifle. Other then those issues, nothing but positive results from mine.