Magazine

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Maybe I missed it, but I?m curious why the Eastmans magazines went back to the traditional cover? I?m fine with either but that textured cover for the past year was something different from other publications.
Also glad to see First Lite in the publication. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joseph

Jan 25, 2014
Creston BC Canada
I haven't seen the newest issue yet, I checked on Saturday but no one had the newest out on their racks. For whatever reason shipping costs make the magazine cost almost double what they do on the news stand, so I don't subscribe.

mustang8

Jan 30, 2017
Central WI
Being a retired pressroom supervisor I'm glad they went back to UV gloss coating on the front & back covers!
Just out of curiosity, why? I really liked the feel of the magazine. Made it feel like a higher quality subscription than all other hunting mags.

Guy

Eastmans' Staff
Staff member
Feb 21, 2011
Thank you for the feedback guys! On the Sheep issue we went back to the old school "High-Gloss" UV coating, mostly because the photo was so high quality. As I'm sure SneakyPete can testify, a high-gloss actually enhances the photo slightly while the rough coating darkens the photo slightly. We plan on keeping with the rough coating on the covers of EHJ and EBJ from here on out in the future for the most part, with some unique exceptions of course.

Thanks for subscribing and let me know if there is anything we can do to improve your experience with the publications.

G-

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Thanks for the feedback Guy- much appreciated.

On another note, maybe it?s my eyes as I get older everyday-lol, but I have a difficult time reading the text when overlaid on the pictures.
I love the concept but I feel if the text was brought forward just a tad I could read it easier. I?m sure there is technical terminology for this process.

Thanks to the Eastman crew for a great publication.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joseph

Jan 25, 2014
Creston BC Canada
Thanks for subscribing and let me know if there is anything we can do to improve your experience with the publications.

G-[/QUOTE]
I would most definitely subscribe, I think it is one of the best hunting magazines out there. I always pick it up as soon as it's out, a couple of years ago I looked into a subscription but the shipping to Canada made it not worth it.

Shane13

Aug 8, 2012
Hawley, Texas
Nice axis buck photo in the Advance Tips & Tactics column in BHJ. Was that Texas? I love hunting them. They behave a lot like elk.

ore hunter

Very Active Member
Jul 25, 2014
subsciber here of many years now,,i like the textured covers myself,,however id like to see the mrs section expanded more during the application season months,,larger charts and info the same as the digital version put into the magazine version,,sometimes print is so small i can barely make it out.thanks eastmans staff.

sneakypete

Veteran member
Aug 9, 2011
Oakdale Ca.
Guy, very well explained about use of gloss coating enhancing the image! The printing quality of Eastman's is in my opinion 2nd the the WSF quarterly magazine. Keep up the Great work!

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I very seldom bother to open one, and didn't even notice any change.
I only subscribe because I like this forum and figure it is only right to support it.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Thank you for the feedback guys! On the Sheep issue we went back to the old school "High-Gloss" UV coating, mostly because the photo was so high quality. As I'm sure SneakyPete can testify, a high-gloss actually enhances the photo slightly while the rough coating darkens the photo slightly. We plan on keeping with the rough coating on the covers of EHJ and EBJ from here on out in the future for the most part, with some unique exceptions of course.

G-
Thanks for explaining

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk