Lone Gray Wolf Wanders Into California!!!

Kevin Root

Very Active Member
Jun 22, 2011
San Jose, California
web.me.com
Sad, but I can't say I'm very surprised. It's just a matter of time if they stay protected, delisted and they continue to introduce them most if not all the the other states in the USA will see similar sightings very soon as well.

Very sad, especially since we are just now starting to get our Elk herds back. If the wolf is brought back to California, the Deer will for sure have no chance. Mountain Lion plus Wolf equals no deer. No control of either lions or wolves would devastate an already fragile deer and elk population in our state.

cali_hornhunter

Jun 17, 2011
Red Bluff Ca
Yep its a pretty sad thing especially for this state as mentioned in earlier posts where elk and deer herds are fragile and its pretty sad when they interview a worker in outdoor shop behind a gun counter and stands up for the wolve instead of mentiong and talking about how this could affect hunting in this state but thats just me standing on my soap box saying he should've said something but he couldve and the news just edited it out

Kevin Root

Very Active Member
Jun 22, 2011
San Jose, California
web.me.com
I'm not a rancher but I'd imagine they are not all that happy about it as well. Once the wolves start coming in packs, California's 10 billion dollar a year livestock industry could be decimated as well. The federal government currently pays for wolf compensation for wolf related livestock loss and 10 states received a bit over a million dollars last year but California was not one of them. One has to wonder how much longer the feds will continue to pay for wolf livestock loss when wolves continue to spread throughout the USA.

HuntWYODon

Very Active Member
Dec 19, 2011
Kalifornia
Very sad, especially since we are just now starting to get our Elk herds back. If the wolf is brought back to California, the Deer will for sure have no chance. Mountain Lion plus Wolf equals no deer. No control of either lions or wolves would devastate an already fragile deer and elk population in our state.
Gamehog,
You are right on the money. Ca. will embrace the wolves and protect them like they do mtn. lions. The animal rights wacko's and tree hugger's will be peeing all over themselves. We don't have the herds that can sustain more pressure than the already have from lions,coyotes and even bears not mention car collision mortality. The way the article was written sounds like a wolve lover. They down played the damage to livestock and in their own habitat kills. Wonder if they have read any news from Id., Mt., or Wy. lately ? 3S tags my azz. Leave them lay.

bigmoose

Jan 2, 2012
Yerington Nevada
Check these guys out. We are not talking little coyote sized animals. These guys can kill most anything out in the woods!ATT1390467.jpgATT1390465.jpgATT1390469.jpgATT1390463.jpg

These are a few from Idaho's wolf season these last few years.

Moose

Last edited:

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
I admit I havn't seen a wolf up close, only 4 to 500 yards away, but these photos look a little strange to me. I have a hard time with the size of the wolves in the pictures...a little photoshop maybe!!!

bigmoose

Jan 2, 2012
Yerington Nevada
Colorado Cowboy...I can't say if they have been photoshopped as I did not take the photos. These were passed along to me. My brother lives in the Idaho panhandle and has assured me that the wovles do get this big. This was the reason I posted. A few of these guys get together and they could take down most any animal out in the woods.

"Coming soon to a neighborhood near you!"

Moose