Kids pronghorn antelope hunt

Jdavis9753

Feb 13, 2016
North Texas
Is it reasonable for a private land hunt for antelope (doe only) for $500 per
Animal? 3 day hunt guided without accommodations or meals...thoughts?
Also it's no kill no pay I think

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
If your capable of carrying for the animal yourself, don't pay $500 to hunt doe antelope.

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
For a reference just a few years ago we paid $300 trespass fee for private land access in a yellow chip area for my son. Buck or doe whatever tag we had. He took a real nice buck.

Jdavis9753

Feb 13, 2016
North Texas
That's awesome and what i would prefer to do. The hunt is in New Mexico using the landowners tags for does that he said they always have plenty...

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
That's awesome and what i would prefer to do. The hunt is in New Mexico using the landowners tags for does that he said they always have plenty...
Oh I think a wise choice taking the kid hunting down that way, very wise.....in fact most if not all farmers on my drive from Colorado to Carlsbad (for work) passing through Springer, Wagon Mound, Vaughn, Ramon were more than happy to let a kid wack a doe.....hell most of them wanted more shot. I suspect that's how Wyoming used to be a few years back.

480/277

Very Active Member
Feb 23, 2013
Anyone with modest skills, and a gps with chip should be able to fill both buck and doe tags in wy public lands.

kesand72

May 5, 2013
Joliet, Il
Is it reasonable for a private land hunt for antelope (doe only) for $500 per
Animal? 3 day hunt guided without accommodations or meals...thoughts?
Also it's no kill no pay I think
You and your son or daughter will most likely love antelope hunting. I know i do.
Do yourselves a favor and start buying Wyoming points.
$500 seems outrageous to shoot a doe....

Last edited:

CrossCreeks

Veteran member
Mar 6, 2014
Dover, Tennessee
I agree, $ 500.00 to high for a doe , consider the advice you have already gotten on here , everyone is dead on ! The most I have ever paid for a trespass fee for Antelope is $ 300.00