In search for a womans pack. Any reviews for the kalipack from badlands?

WYrider

May 11, 2011
Rozet, WY
Does not seem to be to many ladies packs out there. My wife is about 115 LBS and 5'4". Most mens backs are to long in the torso area and end up on her butt. I am having a hard time locating one at local stores and cabelas for her to try on. Is there any other packs that you might suggest. Pack will mainly be used for elk huting late season cold weather in the snow. Thanks, Brant

Graylight

Apr 27, 2011
Southern California
A great pack that is realistically good for packing in on multi day trips as well as packing out game is the Diablo. My wife is 5'2" and 100lbs... She has used this pack sucessfully many times afield... I would give it a shot... The only one we've found that fits her good.

WYrider

May 11, 2011
Rozet, WY
Thanks for the reply. Really liking the lightweight of the diablo.

It still seems to look a bit long. I saw a youtube video of it on a guy so I could compare the size. It really does not sit low on your wife? The straps will adjust all the way up and not be to loose? Shoulder and waist.

Im guessing the pack will have about 10 lbs of gear in it.

sticknbiggens

Mar 10, 2011
Wyoming
I'm a 5 foot 6 151lb guy,picked a diablo up on a trade a few months ago. I was looking for a small day pack,so far this pack has really impressed me. I don't think your gonna stuff a elk quarter in there but I did strap 30lbs of horns on the outside of it the other day. My only complaint is the straps are too long and the waist belt is a little big. Simple fix and free if you have badlands do it.

wolftalonID

Very Active Member
Mar 10, 2011
Idaho
Eberlestock makes a small harness you can get on several packs. Its called the youth/womans harness. It allows a nice pack to be fitted properly to a smaller framed person.
Check out their web site.

Feb 21, 2011
Edmonton AB.
I've put my girlfriend in the Eberlestock youth/womens harness and it fits her good. She also doesn't mind the adjustable harness on my Eberlestock dragonfly when it is shortened up.

dead river

Mar 20, 2011
NC
sounds like there are some good answers for several of us with the same challenge. I sent emails to badlands and eberlestock this evening, asking for 15" torso length packs. I will update this thread with the replies from each mfg...

My wife has a great fitting gregory backpack. It is burgendy in color so I may just stick with that. I may be green on western hunting, but I have worn out more than a few backpacks....in my experience, it is hard to suggest a pack for anyone. I use mountainsmith and an arcteryx. My wife could not find a pack that she liked from either of those very reputable companies, that make dedicated wome's pack's. She threw on a gregory Deva, we put 35# of bean bags in it and she wore it around the store for about an hour with a smile..It has served her well...I highly recommend trying on any pack and wearing it with a load in it for a while.

I will post the replies from Eberlestock and Badlands..

Bryan

Last edited:

dead river

Mar 20, 2011
NC
Bruce Eberlestock was great and responded quickly but I have not heard back from badlands.

- "A lot depends on what you are going to do with the pack-but the H1 will certainly fit her"

still no clear answer on a more substantial pack.

Bryan

WYrider

May 11, 2011
Rozet, WY
Well she ended up going with the badlands Kali pack. Even being a womens pack it has to be cinched up all the way for it to fit her. But it does fit and is a really nice pack. The only thing was when I first started looking for one they where $130 and they are $160. Not sure what the price jump was all about. Should have bought one a few months ago.

I still need to locate a Diablo back. I'm thinking it might be a good back to replace my Blacks Creek. Its a good pack but I just end up putting way to much stuff into it and now it weighs to much.

Thanks again for all the help.