Idaho Pioneer zone. Units 36A, 49,50

Firefighter44

Feb 6, 2015
Washington
Hello all!

Planning this years elk hunt in Idaho and seeing if anyone has had luck in any of these units? Heading there the first week of May for a scouting trip and hit up the spring bear hunt while were at it. Not asking for any spots here, just want to know of any success stories! Post some pics of the country if you have any! Talking with Pioneer zone biologist and its sounding like the Idaho herds are doing GREAT. Were looking forward to learning some new country.

Thanks !

ivorytip

Veteran member
Mar 24, 2012
SE Idaho
lets keep these ones strictly to pm.... :) you will do well, what type of hunt you looking at.. bow, rifle? ill respond with a pm.

Pinseeker

Jun 30, 2016
Firefighter44 how was your hunt? I'm heading to the pioneer unit this year for archery elk. I have hunted the McCall area never the pioneer. Just wondering how you did and maybe get some info from you. What department do you work for? I'm an engineer.

FitToHunt

Sorry to hijack your post, but I am leaning towards this unit as well for my 2016 archery ELK hunt. I see a few members were kind enough to PM some info to the OP. I would also like to know anything useful about this area for early elk, if you'd be willing to share.

regards

Eastfork

Feb 14, 2016
Idaho is a great state, just like every other western state that supports elk. Every unit will have its ups and downs. Nothing beats Google Earth and rubber on the ground. Nothing compares to time in the woods. Get out there. There are good spots in every unit!!!