Idaho OTC

Fink

Veteran member
Apr 7, 2011
West Side, MoMo
I wasn't in the market for an Idaho capped OTC tag this year, but follow along anyways. I see a few of the capped zones sold out in a matter of hours yet again. As much as I hate to see more tags go into a draw, it may be time for Idaho to move some of these capped OTC tags into a draw. Buying a tag shouldn't be like trying to order concert tickets... I'd be very unhappy if I had a tag in my cart, go to purchase, and find out they're sold out.
It amazes me that just 5 years ago, I could buy this tag in May, with plenty left to spare, and now the tag sells out in a few hours.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Makes me wonder a couple of things.

I wonder how many people are buying tags in various states with no intention on ever hunting there.

I also wonder how many anti-hunters buy tags to try and keep people from hunting.

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
I bet a lot of tags are purchased and not used even by folks with good intentions, but poor planning and commitment.

Yell Co AR Hunter

Dec 10, 2015
Yell County Arkansas
I always wonder about the theory of people buying tags such as antis or others with no intent on hunting. I can say they must make a lot more money than I do. If I buy a tag I have been planning for years. It might go unfilled, but it won't be from lack of effort.

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
I bet a lot of tags are purchased and not used even by folks with good intentions, but poor planning and commitment.
I don't know if I would say it as harsh as you, but sometimes life gets in the way of hunting. The bud of mine that let me know tags where selling out, bought multiple tags, but was not able to go out for various reason, so the answer is yes.

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
I don't know if I would say it as harsh as you, but sometimes life gets in the way of hunting. The bud of mine that let me know tags where selling out, bought multiple tags, but was not able to go out for various reason, so the answer is yes.
I was thinking more of the non resident.

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
the funny or weird thing about all this is, I used to be able to go kill an elk and then go to fish and game and buy another tag.
Now I have to buy both in august(earliest I can buy a tag in Idaho being a resident).

Reactions: Bonecollector

87TT

Apr 23, 2013
Idaho
the funny or weird thing about all this is, I used to be able to go kill an elk and then go to fish and game and buy another tag.
Now I have to buy both in august(earliest I can buy a tag in Idaho being a resident).
Tags go on sale July 10th for residents. August 1st leftover nonresident tags go on sale