How to stay healthy

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
So opening day of archery deer season was a few days ago for here in Michigan. My son has had a very bad cold for a few days and as it goes with youngsters they like to share. So now I'm starting to get the fun things like a Sore throat, Runny nose, and Cough.

My question for you all is what do you guys do to keep yourselves health and to get better quicker so you can keep hunting? Then also with some of those symptoms how do you keep those from ruining your hunt. Like the Sniffling for the running nose or the bad timing of the cough. The seasons long but I would like to get out as much as possible and this might also help the guys/gals that our going out for a week long hunt and don't want to give up a few days to being sick.

ivorytip

Veteran member
Mar 24, 2012
SE Idaho
ever try drinking silver? check it out. anytime kids start getting sick or I feel off ill drink a table spoon each night till im back to 100% also I start drinking lots of water and vitamins. I always take cough drops with me too, smell is strong but if im playing the wind right I should be ok. sometimes those coughs hit and it really sucks when you cant stop them, they have those tubes u can cough in but don't waste your money on that garbage. if I have a sudden cough ill follow up with a couple cow calls, if you'll be whitetail hunting, follow cough with a grunt or rattling.

Musket Man

Veteran member
Jul 20, 2011
colfax, wa
Get the best drugs you can find! LOL. I guess I been pretty lucky with that. I always take some cough drops and meds on hunts but luckily havent had to use them alot. Hope you get better soon!