Hello,Time to Contribute from NV

sleepingbear

Sep 15, 2011
Carson City
Joined here a few years ago but not officially so here goes. Native Nevadan figure its time to contribute but like many of you I am not here to get your spots nor give mine away. Figure if you are in your spot and I am in mine where happy, however we may me share some of the same spots from time to time. Most the time if people communicate they can still hunt the same areas and both be successful . I have been in and around just about every Mtn north of the Tonopah line.I mostly archery hunt big game but I am also a nut for waterfowl, upland (them bastard Chukar), all types of fishing (former AK Halibut guide) and smoke cooking the rewards of my labor. Hopefully I don't piss any of you descent folks off and can help you out when possible. So good luck in the draws, until then rip some lips.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Joined here a few years ago but not officially so here goes. Native Nevadan figure its time to contribute but like many of you I am not here to get your spots nor give mine away. Figure if you are in your spot and I am in mine where happy, however we may me share some of the same spots from time to time. Most the time if people communicate they can still hunt the same areas and both be successful . I have been in and around just about every Mtn north of the Tonopah line.I mostly archery hunt big game but I am also a nut for waterfowl, upland (them bastard Chukar), all types of fishing (former AK Halibut guide) and smoke cooking the rewards of my labor. Hopefully I don't piss any of you descent folks off and can help you out when possible. So good luck in the draws, until then rip some lips.
Welcome to the forum!

HogsFly

Apr 8, 2018
Parker, Colorado
Welcome sleepingbear,

When I saw your reference to AK, I thought about memories of Halibut in Homer, King Crab in Kodiak, and Rosevelt Elk on Raspberry Island. Lots of Sitka Blacktail on that island too.

I hadn't been in Alaska for more than a few hours, via an exciting flight on "Wien," when I was walking in downtown Kodiak with my ex-brothers-in-law. As we walked by a bar, the swinging doors flung open, a guy came crashing out into the street, and then a woman showed up at the entrance barking a paraphrase of: "If you ever disrespect me again....!" In classic timing, one of my ex brothers-in-law said: "Welcome to Alaska!"

Good luck with your hunting this year.

sleepingbear

Sep 15, 2011
Carson City
Ran charters out of Ninilchik Ak i've got some memories from there i'll never forget like having a man over board on my second day on the job, Captain made a almost fatal air driving in rough sea's. The boat dipped hard on the port side throwing a client in the water. Managed to get him back in the boat just as the Captain started having a heart attack. Got him a nitro pill and drove both back to the beach( Us tractors and log skidders to launch) where ambulances where waiting. Hell of an intro and many drinks. Did the top of the world snow mobile ride with the Palin's. Just a few to mention. My blood pumps just talking about the place. Fear the women up there more than the bears, lol. Thanks for the replies

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
That tractor launch/recovery is not for the faint of heart, especially when it's choppy and the tide is ripping! You must have some good boating skills!

Welcome to the forum!