Greetings from North Idaho

Browntrout55

Feb 8, 2019
Priest River Idaho
Hey everyone. Pretty new to the forum. Couple years in the northern part of the panhandle by way of Central Oregon and a few years in Alaska. Love to bowhunt, definitely still a rifle hunter. Picked up trapping and predator calling lately. Ducks and upland too. Really into back country hunts. Spent almost 8 years as a Recon Marine. Old platoon members are the only guys I can ever get to go on an adventure hunt, but they don?t hunt. Always looking for new likeminded people to network with. Anyway, looking forward to being a part of this forum. Love the Eastmans crew.

Prerylyon

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2016
Cedar Rapids, IA
Welcome! Its a great place to network on all things from rugged backcountry hunting to elk roulade!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
welcome to the site from the SW part of the state, this is a great site .lots of info and fun to be had.so jump on in.

BAKPAKR

May 10, 2018
Welcome to the forum. I lived in North Idaho for several years. It is a great place, but it sure has changed over the years.

Joseph

Jan 25, 2014
Creston BC Canada
I'm just across the border in Creston. I backcountry hunt myself, my hunting partner and I usually get out for three or four longer weekend hunts per year. The longest we've done here is 5 nights. Since he moved away I've been doing more solo trips. Welcome to the site and best of luck in finding a like minded partner.

johnsd16

Mar 16, 2014
N Idaho
Welcome to the forums. I’m going on year two in N Idaho. I’m in Hayden. Lots to do around here. I hunt big game, trap, and hunt waterfowl as well. Still working on getting everything rolling and my oldest son (10) can hunt this year too.

Catahoula12

Very Active Member
Apr 26, 2013
Colorado, was Az.
Welcome to the site. Spend time in Bonner’s Ferry at times, and usually cross into Canada at Porthill/Rykerts. My spouse is from Canada, so we visit family (Calgary) often.

Joseph

Jan 25, 2014
Creston BC Canada
Joeseph. Do you hunt in the states at all?
I haven't yet, I do plan on an antelope hunt at some point, either Montana or Wyoming. I had considered mule deer in Idaho simply because of all the great hiking and access points(we've done a few day hikes into the alpine just across the border in Idaho) but it's not really in the cards right now. The non-resident fees are kind of expensive and when it gets right down to it we only need so much meat. We usually get three deer per year between myself and my youngest daughter and that is pretty much perfect.