Governor's tags for antelope

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Pocket change!

Well, maybe to someone who can afford to live in a million dollar neighborhood in Laramie. lol

Reactions: NE69

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I don't consider them fools, they go into the bidding process with the idea of spending a basket full of cash and the odds are that all of them bidding have that type of cash that is just basically laying around. Plus the cost of the tag in the end goes to a good purpose.

I was at a banquet one year when there was a mule deer tag up for auction. I actually made a bid of over $100,000 for it just to see how it felt to do something like that. I was a little bit worried when it took a bit for the next bidder to bump my bid up. That tag ended up going for close to $200,000, and it was just for a general season tag. Not one where you could hunt the whole state for 365 days like a Governors tag usually is.

• Haha
Reactions: Prerylyon

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
It is always interesting just to do it knowing that odds are that someone would top it, but there is always that few moments just waiting for someone to up the bid.

I have even written out a check for a few million on a closed account. But that check got torn up a few seconds later.

dan maule

Very Active Member
Jan 3, 2015
Upper Michigan
It is always interesting just to do it knowing that odds are that someone would top it, but there is always that few moments just waiting for someone to up the bid.

I have even written out a check for a few million on a closed account. But that check got torn up a few seconds later.
I think I could bid at $20K or so knowing I would not win but I am too cowardly to bid $100K!

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
All you have to do is to raise and wave your hand a bit. And then sit there on the verge of a nervous breakdown until someone else bids.

It's a lot like playing chicken...
More like Russian roulette.

• Haha
Reactions: D_Dubya

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
So this years antelope tag went for $82,000. Unreal I did something wrong along the way I guess.
no risk, no reward. Most of the wealthy people I have been around, where all self made. Most of them have and will risk everything they have. However there desire and never give up attitude have allowed them a completely different mindset. Failure is not an option.

swampokie

Veteran member
Jul 29, 2013
Haworth Oklahoma
I don't consider them fools, they go into the bidding process with the idea of spending a basket full of cash and the odds are that all of them bidding have that type of cash that is just basically laying around. Plus the cost of the tag in the end goes to a good purpose.

I was at a banquet one year when there was a mule deer tag up for auction. I actually made a bid of over $100,000 for it just to see how it felt to do something like that. I was a little bit worried when it took a bit for the next bidder to bump my bid up. That tag ended up going for close to $200,000, and it was just for a general season tag. Not one where you could hunt the whole state for 365 days like a Governors tag usually is.
Definaely not fools that wuuld be me.on leftovet.day hoping for a crumb