Good start to September

Granby guy

Nov 5, 2012
Grand Lake, Colorado
My 7 yr. old son just passed his hunters safety and wanted to do some grouse hunting. As you can see from the pics there were 6 birds taken with 6 shots but one of us used 4 shells to take our birds while the other one only used 2. I'm not saying who shot more but we'll just call it beginners luck. After a great day of grouse hunting I helped our friend get his archery bull so all in all it was a great weekend.uploadfromtaptalk1410143500604.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1410143539030.jpguploadfromtaptalk1410143565122.jpg

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
How awesome is that. Great to see the younger generation out in the woods having a good time. Looks like an amazingly fun weekend spent with family and friends cant beat that.

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
So are the bright blue shoes the secret? Congrats on your memorable hunt. I'm sure the both of you will remember that hunt forever.

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
That smile says it all!! Congratulations to your son on passing hunter safety and getting his grouse. To you and your friend on a nice archery bull too!

ElkTrout

Veteran member
Feb 2, 2012
Parker, CO
Congrats to your son on his grouse! That is great to see him so excited about hunting! Congrats to your friend as well!

Granby guy

Nov 5, 2012
Grand Lake, Colorado
CC he is still floating on air and calling himself "the ultimate grouse hunter" he got 2 with one shell on his first shot ever but I am more proud of the fact that hunting is what got him back on his feet and recovery from bilateral hip surgery. The poor guy spent his entire summer in a wheelchair after his surgery and he is now learning how to walk again. So yes I am very proud of what he has been able to overcome.

Stevo

Mar 2, 2014
Texas
Congrats on the great hunts. Glad your son is doing well. Hopefully he will grow up to love the outdoors like we all do, looks like he's got a great start!

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
CC he is still floating on air and calling himself "the ultimate grouse hunter" he got 2 with one shell on his first shot ever but I am more proud of the fact that hunting is what got him back on his feet and recovery from bilateral hip surgery. The poor guy spent his entire summer in a wheelchair after his surgery and he is now learning how to walk again. So yes I am very proud of what he has been able to overcome.
Sounds like he has a great Dad too!