Go Hunt Initial Review

bowrunner

Oct 13, 2015
Illinois
I just decided to do the 30 day trial of Go Hunt to see what its all about. I could give a pretty elaborate review, but in short I don't think it is for me. I think if someone wanted to go on several hunts each year, and could afford it, it would be beneficial. That person would need to investigate several new areas routinely, but that is not me. I pretty much already had my next 6 years of hunting planned out already, so what I learned on Go Hunt is information that I already knew. I havnt checked out the articles or anything else, so maybe there is good information in those.

Just my thoughts

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
I just decided to do the 30 day trial of Go Hunt to see what its all about. I could give a pretty elaborate review, but in short I don't think it is for me. I think if someone wanted to go on several hunts each year, and could afford it, it would be beneficial. That person would need to investigate several new areas routinely, but that is not me. I pretty much already had my next 6 years of hunting planned out already, so what I learned on Go Hunt is information that I already knew. I havnt checked out the articles or anything else, so maybe there is good information in those.

Just my thoughts
Agree......the motivated person more times than not already has all that info.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
I'm a member there.

I find the information to be reasonably accurate and simplified for the common user.

Having said that I am still only a member there because they have so many expensive giveaways that I get entered into.

PS: I have not won anything yet.

bowrunner

Oct 13, 2015
Illinois
I'm a member there.

I find the information to be reasonably accurate and simplified for the common user.

Having said that I am still only a member there because they have so many expensive giveaways that I get entered into.

Haha, how long have you been a member? I definitely think it is a great resource, but for the right person I guess.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
I'm a member there.

There are a lot of give aways here too....and I have won a Badlands Tent & sleeping bag.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Haha, how long have you been a member? I definitely think it is a great resource, but for the right person I guess.
For a couple of years.

I must not be the right person no matter what the website... I dont win crap. lol

Alabama

Veteran member
Feb 18, 2013
Sweet Home Alabama
For a couple of years.

I must not be the right person no matter what the website... I dont win crap. lol
Don't feel bad mallards, I never win anything either. Some people seem to win everything: at work I'm the only person on my shift to not win a $20 gift card in our monthly safety raffle. Another guy has won 6 months in a row. His odds and mine are the same every month lol

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
I am doing my best to get you guys stuff...

Wingmen?s preseason giveaway is just around the corner and 9 of you will win coffee from Darktimber!

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Glad to see I'm not alone in my crappy luck.

ScottR. We are not complaining just expressing our crappy luck. lol

Everyone here appreciates and likes to see whoever win the giveaways!

For the record, I would still visit this site even if there wasn't giveaways.

Thanks for your hard work ScottR .

Alabama

Veteran member
Feb 18, 2013
Sweet Home Alabama
I wasn't complaining at all about the giveaways Scott! I think the giveaways are awesome and I agree with mallards that the site is great with or without the giveaways. This is one of the few forums where people are generally helpful and not rude to each other. I was just lamenting my generally bad luck in drawings or giveaways.

But my luck just turned around, I just drew the best gator hunt in the state! It's only 6 nights but I'm holding out for a monster: 11' or better.

Sorry bowrunner about derailing the thread. I've never tried GoHunt, I probably won't either, have you read the terms of service?

bowrunner

Oct 13, 2015
Illinois
I wasn't complaining at all about the giveaways Scott! I think the giveaways are awesome and I agree with mallards that the site is great with or without the giveaways. This is one of the few forums where people are generally helpful and not rude to each other. I was just lamenting my generally bad luck in drawings or giveaways.

But my luck just turned around, I just drew the best gator hunt in the state! It's only 6 nights but I'm holding out for a monster: 11' or better.

Sorry bowrunner about derailing the thread. I've never tried GoHunt, I probably won't either, have you read the terms of service?
Not a problem! I really didnt need to post this, I just felt like expressing my initial thoughts on the website for anyone who was interested. Derail all you want Alabama

88man

Feb 20, 2014
Pa
I am not slamming go hunt. I think it is fine but a little over priced. In my opinion it really needs better mapping.

NDguy

Aug 12, 2016
OnX and Gohunt should get married.

Gohunt is cool that it has everything nice and simplified vs some of the atrocious data files game and fish websites have set up.

I agree that $150 is nuts for a year. I would probably split it with my buddies though, maybe everyone do $50 or something.