Found the carp!

sjsmallfield

Veteran member
Feb 22, 2011
Jackson, CA
I read the story also. Great job. It looks like alot of fun. Can't wait till my daughter is old enough to shoot. Question for you guys. I have an opportunity to buy another bow from a friend but it is 60-70lb draw weight. Is that to much for a bowfishing setup. I'm looking to get setup for my first time and any advice would be great. Send me a PM.

Stringmusic

Feb 23, 2011
Big Sky Country, MT
I read the story also. Great job. It looks like alot of fun. Can't wait till my daughter is old enough to shoot. Question for you guys. I have an opportunity to buy another bow from a friend but it is 60-70lb draw weight. Is that to much for a bowfishing setup. I'm looking to get setup for my first time and any advice would be great. Send me a PM.
I would say yes. You don't want to be pulling that much weight when your shooting as much as we did yesterday. I found a older youth bow (35-44lbs) at a pawn shop for $25. The draw is a few inches short, but it works great. I was shooting through fish with my bow, so 60 or 70 may also cause more arrow and tip damage.

But it all depends on what you want in a bowfishing set-up. There are some really nice ones available.