Former Cabela's Employees Start Outdoor Company

ElkTrout

Veteran member
Feb 2, 2012
Parker, CO
Interesting! I hope they are successful! IMO Cabelas/bass pro has really gone down hill since the buyout!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alabama

Veteran member
Feb 18, 2013
Sweet Home Alabama
Interesting! I hope they are successful! IMO Cabelas/bass pro has really gone down hill since the buyout!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed! Bass Pro prices were already high as a giraffe's ass, and they will only go up from here. Cabela's presence here was pretty limited here but their products were better and they always had available sizes when I was ordering online.

ore hunter

Very Active Member
Jul 25, 2014
I will give highboys a try next time,,agreed cabelas and bass pro have gone down hill since the buy out,but havnt dropped there prices any.

Prerylyon

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2016
Cedar Rapids, IA
From some of my wry, previous posts on the topic of Cabelas, most could probably tell I never really saw what the big deal was? Granted, over the last 30 yrs, I've bought branded stuff from them; and some of it I still own and use; which attests to its quality. A wool camo pullover comes to mind.

I guess anymore I'm a fan of those hidden gem, often-but-not-always smaller specialty shops that have great service, and the exact item you want, and at a great price. They're out there. Certainly wish these folks in Sydney well, regardless. Viva Yankee Capitalism!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Interesting enough......the Cabelas in Lone Tree Colorado customer service in store has gone way up. I even got a phone call back confirming they had something I needed. Either way.....I only go into Cabelas or Sportsmans Warehouse when I need something in an emergency. Every thing else I'm on line with Amazon, Midway, Prariewind Decoys or the manufacturer directly if its cheaper. With all these companies offering overnight for free if you exceed a dollar value......I think it will continue to get better for us the consumer.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Interesting enough......the Cabelas in Lone Tree Colorado customer service in store has gone way up. I even got a phone call back confirming they had something I needed. Either way.....I only go into Cabelas or Sportsmans Warehouse when I need something in an emergency. Every thing else I'm on line with Amazon, Midway, Prariewind Decoys or the manufacturer directly if its cheaper. With all these companies offering overnight for free if you exceed a dollar value......I think it will continue to get better for us the consumer.
until the day comes when amazon is all that's left , and that day is coming.

when that day comes ,may GOD have mercy on us , cause amazon will not!

Gr8bawana

Veteran member
Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
I will have to give them a try next time I need a new piece of gear. After so many years of hunting, fishing and camping I only buy to replace stuff that has finally worn out or broken.