First Shed of the Year

ElkTrout

Veteran member
Feb 2, 2012
Parker, CO

Went out today to scout where some moose might be hanging and hoping I might find an early dropper! Not many moose, but did find this first brownie of the year!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ivorytip

Veteran member
Mar 24, 2012
SE Idaho
first one of the year is the always the best. finding moose sheds has always been so fun for me but I don't find them very often! even kn owing exactly what drainages to look in. this year, this year...

ElkTrout

Veteran member
Feb 2, 2012
Parker, CO
I was pretty excited to find this one. I am always very cautious as I don't want to bump any animals and put addition stress on them during an already difficult time of year. Didn't see many moose but I did find a pretty large cat track. I figure he had probably pushed them out of the drainage! Can't wait to find more!! Good luck to everyone trying to find them! Definitely a rare find! At least in my experience!

ElkTrout

Veteran member
Feb 2, 2012
Parker, CO

Went back out today in search of moose sheds! Although I didn't find any brownies I did find a couple I walked past last year! Found the trifecta today! Pretty cool! And the best part is the shed I found today was a match to one my wife found last year!

ElkTrout

Veteran member
Feb 2, 2012
Parker, CO

Made it out over the weekend! It was a great trip! As a group we found 73 deer sheds!

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Congrats! Did you train the dog to hunt for them or is he just out for the ride? I trained a Black and Tan Coonhound to shed hunt. He was dang good at it

ElkTrout

Veteran member
Feb 2, 2012
Parker, CO
Congrats! Did you train the dog to hunt for them or is he just out for the ride? I trained a Black and Tan Coonhound to shed hunt. He was dang good at it
No I have two labs that just love to get out but are not trained for sheds! Although my yellow did bring me back an old spike elk shed and my chocolate tried to pick up an old deer shed!