First Muley

Jul 27, 2011
Wyoming
this muley was definately hard earned. i don't come from a hunting family so i've been figuring out everything on my own, and the Journal has definately helped me. i hunted for four years before bagging this buck, and let me tell you, it is awfully hard to pass up small fork horns, especially when you have been trying for two or three years with nothing to show. i took this guy in northeastern wyoming on very limited, highly pressured public land with an OTC tag, done it myself. it may not be a huge buck by any means, but he's mine and i feel like i earned it. i used the boone&crockett calculator and scored him at 156 6/8 net, 162 3/8 gross.

Jul 27, 2011
Wyoming
i should probably add that i took my girlfriend with me, she had never been hunting at all and we ended up with two muleys and two goats in three days. it was an awesome weekend.

CHIP

Feb 21, 2011
Franklin, TN
I would love to find one that big when I come there in october for my first muledeer hunt. Congrats, and lets see some more pics .

shootbrownelk

Veteran member
Apr 11, 2011
Wyoming
7200....that's a nice buck you have there! Nicer than any I've taken in recent years! You got your girlfriend to hunt with you?? You had better hang on to that girl!!

Rob P

Mar 10, 2011
Be careful taking your gf with you, she just may like it. Then its gonna cost you twice as much to support your addiction. She won't be wanting no hand me down gear.

svmoose

Feb 21, 2011
Great first buck! Heck, that's a great buck even no matter if it's your first, second, or whatever.

Mike

Eastmans' Staff
Feb 21, 2011
7200 Congrats!! Think about it that buck was probably 4 years old and learned how to go thru the hunting seasons with out getting harvest. The buck has learned the ways of hunters and gave plenty of them the slip before you came along. You harvested a truly smart public land buck. Passing up fork horns all those years paid off. This day and age it sure is a lot harder finding a trophy buck then in my younger years.That mature buck is top end for that country for sure! In my book you have reached the pinnacle of mule deer hunting. DIY! 7200: Good Luck this fall but I bet you will do will. Mike

In God We Trust

Very Active Member
Mar 10, 2011
Colorado
Nice deer! You not only harvested a good muley but brought another person into the hunting family. We need more hunters, especially females. Good luck this season to you and your girl.

Jul 27, 2011
Wyoming
alright. thanks for the support everyone. i've been really busy lately but i just found some time to post the other pictures. enjoy!

we got both deer on the same day and both goats two days later, 3 hours apart. she did the stalk on her goat all by herself, i had run around the hill to try and find them in a way that i had thought (and obviously was wrong about) they had gone.