Fire Damaged Hunt Zones

Sawfish

Very Active Member
Jun 9, 2011
Peoples Republik of Kalifornia
Anyone have information on which zones suffered fire damage? I know there were some areas damaged in B-2, but I am interested in the X Zones in the Sierras. Supposedly those areas, as well as NW California will get some rain from the remnants of Hurricane Linda.

chiefgobbler

Jun 26, 2011
Central California
I haven't followed the fires up North much this year. I will be hunting D6. You can Google Fire Inciweb (check California Incidents) and Cal Fire's Incident web pages for this year's fires. Most will have incident maps you can reference that show the fire perimeters, etc. Inciweb shows what forest units the incidents are in. It can also be used to look up fires in other states.

nitis

Jun 6, 2012
The Washington fire I think it was called got X8 pretty good I think maybe some of x12 but it was in that area.

d5 is getting hammered right now mostly private but some of the best pockets of hard to get to deer country just got torched bad

Sawfish

Very Active Member
Jun 9, 2011
Peoples Republik of Kalifornia
I just spoke with an old hunting partner of mine who now lives near Mountain Ranch. They got out with one vehicle and the clothes on their backs. They still do not know the status of their ranch, motorhome, Jeep, etc.. Bad things can happen in an instant.

drifli

Jun 7, 2015
Tahoe, Yosemite,
I just spoke with an old hunting partner of mine who now lives near Mountain Ranch. They got out with one vehicle and the clothes on their backs. They still do not know the status of their ranch, motorhome, Jeep, etc.. Bad things can happen in an instant.
MT ranch faired ok. Jesuses Maria Rd leading into railroad or mountain ranch is moonscaped. I will not post pics of the destruction but there is not much left. Both forks of the Moke burnt well but quite a bit of it is dirty burn, some moonscaped.