Fall Waterfowl Pics

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
I've seen well over a thousand geese going south out my east window the last couple days in Cheyenne, the fields in CO must be getting full! Good luck on Moose then Goose!

Reactions: Slugz

raspy

Apr 15, 2016
ND
Beautiful widgeon you got there. Almost better than shooting greenheads. Hopefully the hunting is picking up south. Not much left in nd

raspy

Apr 15, 2016
ND
CC a drake pintail would look good on the wall too. Been awhile since i shot a nice pinny. Also hard to beat a good barred up belly

Fink

Veteran member
Apr 7, 2011
West Side, MoMo
A really pretty Wigeon might be my favorite looking duck. Good to eat, fun to decoy, and beautiful, the total package!

Colorado Cowboy

Veteran member
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
My Dad owned a duck club in Imperial Valley in California for 60 years (my Uncle & cousins still own and operate it). I hunted waterfowl since I was 8 or 9 years old......70 years! I still go back and hunt with them every year. I think the easiest ducks to decoy are Spoonies and Widgeon. The hardest and most wary are Sprig (Pintail). I like to eat teal and Mallards. I remember being in a bind with my Grandfather and calling in a flight (about 15 to 20) Spoonies and each of us getting a triple (that's 3 apiece in 3 shots apiece). They were fighting a pretty good wind and just seemed to hang there, 25 yards or so away.

Biggest problem I always had was finding different ways to cook them. My wife used to say (You didn't bring any more duck breasts home did you? We still have some from your last trip.)

Reactions: gonhunting247