Exo Mountain K3 1800 pack review

Muley bound

Mar 12, 2013
Wisconsin
After years and lots of dollars spent, I finally bought a pack I like and fits me great. I’ve been hym hawin around this for years and finally just decided to buy it.
The1800 bag. I know it’s a smaller pack, but it’s got what I need for the purpose. The pockets are laid nice. I can put my spotter in one side and tripod in other. I put the lid on it. I put my lunch or snacks and my lucky horse shoe in that. In the main compartment, my kill kit, first aid,and extra clothes(puffy, gloves, etc). In the waterproof stash pocket, well…odds n ends that shouldn’t get wet! I wanted a smaller pack, otherwise I tend to pack too much crap!
The frame….this, by far, has been the best frame to fit ME. Light, compact, and rides great. I was able to pack out a deer 3 miles, not a huge buck, but enough weight, and it was thee most pleasurable weight I’ve had on my back! I have zero complaints with it.
Overall, really pleased I bought this system for my style of hunting. It’s compact enough I can use it in the whitetail woods or out west. I feel I could live out of the 1800 for 2-3 days if need be, but sleek enough to sneak out of the truck for a couple hours. I also like I can throw a bigger bag on, if need be, for longer trips. I’m certain I’ll be getting the 6,000 bag for my Alaskan sheep hunt in a couple years.
Again, this is my review on how the frame fits and suits me. I know everybody’s different. But for me, it’s a home run!

Reactions: Colorado Cowboy

87TT

Very Active Member
Apr 23, 2013
Idaho
Better get the bigger bag soon. The K4's are coming and the K3's will be discontinued. I have two K2's and don't see a need to upgrade.

Muley bound

Mar 12, 2013
Wisconsin
Well that’s just grand! Guess I’ll be buying the bag sooner then later. Do you have any idea on when they’re releasing the K4 system?

Alabama

Veteran member
Feb 18, 2013
Sweet Home Alabama
I still have the original Exo that came out in 2015. After just a little adjusting it fit me like a glove. It's light years ahead of the old cheap packs I formerly used. I've used it on workouts and packing deer and antelope. I can't imagine the improvements from the original to the K3. Those guys at Exo make some quality products but man are they expensive.

DRUSS

Very Active Member
Jun 22, 2014
nw oregon
i really like my k2 2000 it works great for most my day hunting. i also had the K3 3500 it was great also but bigger than i needed for most of my day trips. living on the coast i really like the dry bag for the items that need to stay dry.