Drop camp

off trail

Sep 7, 2013
Was lucky and drew a elk tag units 161-164 171-173. Was looking for a outfit who offers drop camps. We are looking to be drop off in the table mountain wilderness area. Thanks in advance. good luck out there

Off trail

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
Good luck on the tag.

From my experience Nv outfitters won’t do drop camps due to the liability.

off trail

Sep 7, 2013
Rifle bull tag NOV 6-20th. I saw a lama or maybe it was goat rental service but I would rather not have to take care of the animals while I'm concentrating on the hunt. Was hoping for a drop camp.

Thanks guys.........off trail

dustin ray

Veteran member
Oct 23, 2011
Alta Loma CA
Iv spent a lot of time on that mountain your biggest challenge will be getting the meat off the mountain 6 to 10 miles in any direction with 2 to 3 thousand ft climb.

off trail

Sep 7, 2013
Ya a NR who has never been on the table. However Im very familiar with big mountain backcountry hunts. I hunt mostly in the backcountry in physically demanding places. The idea of multiple trips is not a deterrent. I hunt in places where we have to pack water in on day one come out and pack gear in on day two and multiple trips to get meat out. I know packing out a elk with cold weather gear brings this challenge to a whole new level. This is a special hunt so Im willing to spend some cash for a pack in pack out or even just a pack out to get the most out of the hunt. The reality is if we got to go in on foot then we go in on foot. I really appreciate you guys engaging in this conversation with me. In your opinions what the best trailhead/access to get into the table mountain wilderness area.

Thanks again