Declined Cards

jvonbank

May 30, 2017
Lake St Louis, MO
How is Nevada with allowing people to change their card number on file after the draw if they were initially declined? Apparently my dad drew a 111-115 nr early rifle bull tag and didn't realize his card number had changed. He was going to try and call them about fixing it today and I was curious if anyone else had that happen in the past.

Thanks,
Jared

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

nv-hunter

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2011
Reno
That happened last year to my son in law on his bear tag, they worked with him to get stuff fixed. However that was the first year for the system and they might be more strict this year. I think there might be a department reg about tag fees and so many days to fix mistakes but not sure.

Hope he gets it fixed and congrats on a great tag, we will be there as my wife has a tag too.

geargrinder

Feb 24, 2015
Dayton, NV
They send a notice right before the draw to check your cards on file. They also have said that if the payment was declined that they would re-run the charge as well as notify you of an issue.

Sounds like the new system is pretty forgiving.

jvonbank

May 30, 2017
Lake St Louis, MO
Thanks for the replies guys. I talked with my dad and when he went into the system his old card was set as the default. He switched it over to his new one and then it looked like the charge went through. Nice that the new system is forgiving on that front. We're looking towards another 111-115 early bull rifle hunt (I drew it a couple years ago too and got a good bull)!

Later,
Jared

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

JEandAsGuide

Dec 11, 2012
Zachary, LA
The same thing happened to me earlier this spring when I drew a turkey tag. I had actually used my new card to buy my license and apply but didn?t realize the old card was still set as default. They actually called and emailed me that my card had been declined. Once I swapped the new card to default and deleted the old card it still took a couple days before they charged it. Glad they worked with me on it because I just assumed since I had used the new card to apply it would automatically be the default.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JScams

Jun 14, 2015
Reno/Sparks/Tahoe
Same with me. They used my card from last year as the default even though I applied with a different card this year. I caught it after the draw happened. Looks like it went through after I changed it up